PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
I have a flame point Himalayan. You can see a picture of her in the thread of Christmas trees. Her hair is about two inches long and when she walks it looks like it is snowing. I don't remember the last smoke that I had that didn't have some of her hair in it.

romanza10

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 10, 2012
South Carolina
Ahhh, the cost of living with cats. I have a tool box that I keep my pipes in when I go to my local B&M for a smoke, and yeah, I find cat hairs in it and on my pipes. No matter how careful. I don't mind though, me and my wife are crazy cat people. We love them.
And my tobacco cellar and my resting pipes are in a trunk. And just like the tool box, cat hairs. It's just part of living with cats.

sjb3

Might Stick Around
Oct 23, 2013
I think your cats are smoking your tobacco when your gone, hence the hair in the jars. Deep down, I think you know that too.

4dotsasieni

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2013
As Bradley, (The Old Cajun) indicated, I've had some experience with this problem. As I was filling my pipe from a tin, I dropped the tin from my lap, and a bunch of tobacco fell onto the floor. Being too cheap to waste tobacco, I scooped it up and put it back in the tin, only to find that it was now mixed with a generous portion of cat hair.
What to do? I had no wish to experience the joys of smoking cat hair (I already know what it smells like when one of our cats inadvertently gets its tail into the innumerable flaming candles my wife has all over the house). Finally it came to me: you know those foam packing peanuts that come with your latest order from whatever tobacconist? You know how they have so much static cling you can't get them off your hands? Well, wave one of those suckers over your tin or your pipe bowl, and, magically, the cat hairs rise from the tobacco and adhere to the peanut. Problem solved. (Well, not 100%, but close enough.) :P

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
With 3 felines and a dog at home I just refer to our place as The House of Hair. LOL

My pipes are always kept in a closed cabinet or pipe case. But in the kitchen the cook is not responsible for hair in the food.

dukdalf

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 24, 2011
I married the cat lady: we have six of the critters, presently. You'd expect everything in the house to be covered in mixed fur, and it pretty much is... Just kidding, most of them have short furs and hardly shed at all, but there is an occasional hair in my spaghetti. I've discovered whiskers are quite tasty, the rest isn't worth chewing.

Manx is pretty good, ages and stoves well, but I can't exactly recommend it. Ha ha!

Well, it's good that I'm not the only one. I do my best to prevent it, but it's just in the air of the house. My dog doesn't cause as much of a problem, except on the bed, when he sneaks a nap in there while I'm gone. But, overal, they're worth it. Good critters to have around. And, on nights when I am burning some dark flakes, the cat is the only one willing to tolerate the aroma with me :D

Status
Not open for further replies.