PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

drumbumb83

Might Stick Around
Nov 23, 2015
Only seen a pipe smoker smoking in public once after moving to the Pacific Northwest. It wasn't a cob. Oh, and I'm referring to tobacco pipe smokers. I've seen plenty of people smoking weed in glass pipes.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I smoke in public a lot, in the land of the PC everything. Today, on the streets of Santa Barbara, a gorgeous young thing told me how much she loved the aroma.... And then walked on with her equally young boyfriend.

corncob23

Lurker
Jan 25, 2016
One of my favorite corn cobs to smoke in public is the pony express. Its a non filtered 20 minute smoker and shes great. Corn cob pipes are unique conversation pieces im always being complemented or asked why a corn cob. I love corn cobs espacially with aromatics and in public if smoked the way you should it releases the notes of flavors in your tobacco.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
If I were a cop I would tase anyone smoking a cob in puplc, as everyone knows only crack smokers use a cob.
I don't have any cobs so it is not an issue for me. If I did have one I would never be caught dead smoking it in public as my self esteem is so tied up in my pipes that I don't think I could recover from the embassment of smoking a cob in public.

ltstone

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
If I were a cop I would tase anyone smoking a cob in puplc, as everyone knows only crack smokers use a cob.
I don't have any cobs so it is not an issue for me. If I did have one I would never be caught dead smoking it in public as my self esteem is so tied up in my pipes that I don't think I could recover from the embassment of smoking a cob in public.
Do I sense a "closet" cob smoker?
Just kidding, just kidding. :)

music4cash

Might Stick Around
Jan 5, 2016
The only time a cop has ever said anything to me about smoking a pipe was on campus at George Mason University, he politely asked me what I was smoking I told him it was Irish flake. He asked me what that was and I told him it was tobacco...He told me to enjoy my pipe...the cops in general at least around here are fairly polite, As long as you are open about what you are doing I wouldn't worry about the police giving you a hard time. Just cooperate and you shouldn't have any problems.

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
I've got nothing against corncob pipes or the people who smoke them, but I feel selfconscious smoking one because I associate cobs with Popeye, Fred Ziffel, Tugboat Annie and Mammy Yokum, neither of whose look I'm going for.

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
I treat my cobs like trackpants...something comfortable for around the house that i do not need to get precious about, but i would not plan to take them off the property. Sure a last minute stroll to get some milk and I will puff on a cob/wear my trackpants but generally if I know I am going out somewhere I will put some jeans on and pack a briar.
Isaac

bpftc

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 21, 2016
I live in Colorado. Everyone is assumed to be smoking weed in public...Even if you are smoking nothing at all. Ha

Status
Not open for further replies.