New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Jan 27, 2020
Hmm, I don't know. "Smoky" means you like to wear smoks, and I'm not into that, but if you want to smell smoky, I'm OK with that. Just don't keep talking about it on my smokey thread.

Do you know of the expression, about smoke getting in ones eyes, to try to talk around the fact that one is actually crying from sentimentality? Do you feel that is a bit insulting to pipe smokers?

Reactions: BROBS and JOHN72

LikeDadDid

Can't Leave
Apr 27, 2021
Virginia Beach
Over concern for manliness often denotes lack of. I am descended from Shawnee Indians and Kentucky mountain folk. I collect H&R shotguns and run a still in those same mountains.

View attachment 78161

Do you know of the expression, about smoke getting in ones eyes, to try to talk around the fact that one is actually crying from sentimentality? Do you feel that is a bit insulting to pipe smokers?
Do you cry? I don't cry. I think that song is just about smoke. Good song.

• Haha
Reactions: BROBS and rajangan
Jan 27, 2020
Do you cry? I don't cry. I think that song is just about smoke. Good song.

Yes I do. I guess I'm an old sentimental fool. I cry for many things, sometimes I weep for the world changing so: becoming a place where there is not gentleness for being a gentleman. Maybe I am just a nostalgic pipe dreamer but I can't be the only one!

Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
I tend to associate smoke with wet or unseasoned wood burning.

As to my pipe makings, there is some smoke when lighting , but very little otherwise. Retrohaling for me is an almost non existent draw, just slow breathing.

Reactions: LikeDadDid