Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Thanks for having the courage and mercy to do the right thing and sorry for your loss. My 15 year old Shitzu was at my side the entire time I was in isolation for the virus. She made the 17 1/2 drive to Florida with me yesterday. She probably doesn't have a lot more time here and it will hurt a ton. Few things in life are better than a canine companion.

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Thanks for having the courage and mercy to do the right thing and sorry for your loss. My 15 year old Shitzu was at my side the entire time I was in isolation for the virus. She made the 17 1/2 drive to Florida with me yesterday. She probably doesn't have a lot more time here and it will hurt a ton. Few things in life are better than a canine companion.
Off topic, did you buy yourself a home here in Florida, Hoosier? I know that you were looking.

Swampy16

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 12, 2020
So sorry for your loss. It hurts when we lose a pooch, especially a hunting dog. Brittany’s are great hunters. I hunt with a friend who has two. They’re grouse dogs and damn good ones. It’s rare to see a good grouse dog. They don’t come around very often.

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
We are sorry for your loss. Jason and pipesmoking companions Morty and Izzy. These guys came to us after our Springer Buddy passed 17 months ago. I feel you, they are like family.
9E3FCE6E-550A-4F11-BDF9-0DFA05AB36D5.jpeg
Not to sound too quick to move on, but the good news is you can get another dog and bring them into your life.

elnoblecigarro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 27, 2020
I can relate to the pain. Lost two dogs that I regarded as my best friends last year. Dogs are in my opinion better than people. Better in the sense that the joy they feel when they see their friend is so pure, there is no hidden motive. Dogs are so pure and friendly, at least the ones I have had the pleasure of knowing. Much better beings than I could ever be.

Having to put your friend down is terrible. Even though it's done for mercy, the feeling is crushing. It's a good way to go, but terrible for the one having to "pull the plug".

When those dogs died, a part of me died too. I don't think I can ever feel love like that again.

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
I’m truly sorry for your loss. I feel your pain. When I got back from my last Afghanistan deployment (between Iraq and Afghanistan there were six of them), my wife decided that I needed a puppy to babysit me at home while I was trying to find a civilian job. For 3 months that dog and I sat on the couch while watching Dr Phil and eating cheese sticks. I named her Valkyrie for the reason that she really kind of saved me from a dark place at the time kinda like the mythological creature. She barely made it to her 2nd birthday, started having seizures and died in my car on the way to the pet ER on a Sunday.......there will never be another one like her.
23B498DB-6926-4055-88F1-96FA5DE39889.jpeg