Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
That is so cool that you still have the paperwork for the pipe. What year is this from?

Sorry, I missed your question, and only just saw it now. It’s my understanding that the tobacco was regionally introduced in ’72, and nationally in ’73; a member here remembers the pipe promotion dating to the ’80s–’90s. My brochure has a 1992 date on it. I suspect the most reliable way to get a more accurate date for the earliest release would be to check for any print ads that might have been done showing the pipes. I wonder if @jguss might have any materials that could pinpoint an earlier date.

Reactions: Valliantpiper

Valliantpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 18, 2022
Maryland
Sorry, I missed your question, and only just saw it now. It’s my understanding that the tobacco was regionally introduced in ’72, and nationally in ’73; a member here remembers the pipe promotion dating to the ’80s–’90s. My brochure has a 1992 date on it. I suspect the most reliable way to get a more accurate date for the earliest release would be to check for any print ads that might have been done showing the pipes. I wonder if @jguss might have any materials that could pinpoint an earlier date.
Thank you for the information. I appreciate it.

Reactions: TheIronMonkey

f4phantomdriver

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 23, 2019
I have a Brewster pipe that came with two boxes of Sir Walter Raleigh. I have a Captain Black Yeoman bent pipe made by Orlik. I also have another little nugget, a Union pipe that was a mail in redemption pipe for Edgeworth Ready Rubbed.