PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I have tried high end scotch, whiskey, rye whiskey, many of the brown liquors. To my taste buds they all taste like kerosene. Maybe because we used to chug Wild Turkey when we were kids ruined my taste buds for the good stuff. I have a cigar buddy who would let me taste 250.00 a bottle scotch and still nothing but kerosene.

If it don't have an umbrella I am not a fan.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Used to drink 'em by bottle. Back in 80's when they were first coming into mass market, most younger bottles were little over $20. Now it hurts to look at the price tag on a single malt.

Reactions: Casual and mso489

Fiddlepiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 22, 2020
Scotland
www.danielthorpemusic.com
That’s a nice looking selection. I very much enjoy a good whisky bar.

Quite a few incredible whisky bars here (unsurprisingly for Scotland...) in Edinburgh and Glasgow. Ranging from the incredibly posh to ordinary pubs with amazing selections.

Reactions: mso489

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I've never been in the room with more than one bottle of single malt at a time, one we'd bought as a birthday gift for a friend, which he generously shared. It had levels and dimensions. Other things were on offer, but I stuck with that. Oh yeah.

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
I have tried high end scotch, whiskey, rye whiskey, many of the brown liquors. To my taste buds they all taste like kerosene. Maybe because we used to chug Wild Turkey when we were kids ruined my taste buds for the good stuff. I have a cigar buddy who would let me taste 250.00 a bottle scotch and still nothing but kerosene.

If it don't have an umbrella I am not a fan.
Buy kerosene. It's cheaper and it will clean your motorcycle chain too.