PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

d4k23

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2018
Texas
So I have had the Bronze VIP perk at SP for awhile now, and with my last order of Red Flake I noticed I have graduated to Silver!
I'm not sure this is a proud thing, it just means that PAD and TAD have taken over in this new hobby and I may have lost control... I told the Mrs. that this is it for a long while, but what does it take to get to Gold?? Anybody know? Maybe buy a Doctor Pipe, or a Grechukhin?

eltice

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 28, 2012
I “think” I have bought A LOT of ‘baccy from SPC. BUT, even with the last purchase of Red Flake, I am still a Bronze member. Maybe someday I’ll pop, and make it to Silver. Lol

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
One of the perks is 5% off of pipes all the time. That one has been killer for me this year lol. I've swapped out about 20 pipes to add about 10 better ones due to this discount.
They also give you email updates of discounts and such before others. There has also been a few times where they offered 15% off estate pipes for only silver and above members or 20% of bulk blends for said members. I wanna say I've gotten some notices about new C&D blends through my account email before they announced it officially on the site/social media.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
So I have had the Bronze VIP perk at SP for awhile now, and with my last order of Red Flake I noticed I have graduated to Silver!
Have you been an SPC customer for five years?

d4k23

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2018
Texas
Nope, not 5 years. I ordered my first pipe from them and first tobacco tin a little over a year ago (October last year). But since I have spent quite a bit on pipes and tobacco, I have a feeling I elevated quick.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I feel that these designations are merely for SP' benefit. Did you notice 6-12 months ago that when you logged in you were greeted by name with your designation? I thought the perks meager and complained and they took this greeting down. I await with dread software that will analyze past purchases and tailor your path through the site accordingly.
I despise the manipulation ion the relentless pursuit of money.
On the other hand I adored the site and doing business with them. So there's that, too;).

skydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2017
I had read about someone getting upgraded to gold so it does happen. I got upgraded to silver a while back and I'm sure I've spent at least $500 since then with them and I'm still silver. Honestly not looking forward to gold status as it may convince me to spend even more of my money! Not to mention assuring me of how bad my PAD and TAD are.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Started buying from them in January, have VIP Silver Status. Got a couple of badges also. Does all this get you anything? How about some freebies or advanced notice on rare blends?

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
have VIP Silver Status. Got a couple of badges also.
Same. I have a few silver and gold badges. You get pipe discounts and occasional advance notice of new inventory. Mine popped up on Halloween last year.
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/so-im-an-spc-vip

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Current Silver discounts.
screenshot_20181116-005003.png

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Pity they're not real Dunhills any more. They need to occasionally offer good pipes at 15% off.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
When I got my best designation I didn't find the pipes discounted worth the money. Doesn't cost them anything to give me designation. They're playing cat and mouse with the rules to get more money. It's transparent.

Status
Not open for further replies.