Show Your Kaywoodie and Get Another One Free!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Just for the record, my Kaywoodie is a Ruff Tone Drinkless, but posting photos is a bridge too far. Lol, I am soooo low tech. For picture-posters, this is a great contest!

mwsmoker

Might Stick Around
Sep 15, 2017
@weezell & nevadablue
Those bulldogs are great! I don't think I even knew KW made meers. I have two new bulldogs (the smoking kind) coming down from Montana this week. Bulldogs and billiards are my favorite shapes.
@mso489
They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so maybe we'll let you substitute a 1000 word essay instead? :) No need to be that verbose, but maybe describe your KW for us and tell us what you like about it - or a great smoking experience with it - or something entertaining. Tech know-how is not a requirement to have fun with pipes and tobaccos.
Great pipes all; keep the pics coming!

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
I didn't know about the meer-woodie either. She looks a bit more perky this morning. Part way through the refurbishment. Stem is still out of time too.
36496054103_7eb892bdc1_z_d.jpg

37136608192_2160963774_z_d.jpg

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
yo mayf
Do you know about the red dot on your nice KW? I have a 32G that also has a red dot. I asked Bill Feuerbach about it and he thought it was a random after-market thang.
hp

les

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
Lestrout - As an amateur geologist, nearest I can tell, it is an embedded ruby. It isn't glass. In the first photo you can see the slightly offset top facet reflect the sunlight. Since the pipe is from the 50's at the latest, and was a fine one in its day, my guess is the owner splurged and replaced the clover leaf with it. I can't see any inclusions and don't know how big it is. I'll have to find a jeweler in the area to authenticate it. It is the first pipe I bought. :)

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
I had a question about the bulldog meer lined bowl. It was quite caked when I got it. I reamed it and then touched it up with a little piece of scotch brite. It looks like new now. Here is the before.
35901342861_e265f86409_z_d.jpg

I used a senior type reamer and then a regular T handle reamer, very carefully, under running water. Slow and easy...
You can see the crack in the shank. It has apparently been broken completely off at some point. It was glued, I guess, not perfectly, but near enough for me.
I will time the stem eventually, but for now, a single piece of ordinary printer paper over the stinger, cut square to fit, makes it line up perfectly.

piffyr

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2015
Good on ya, mwsmoker! That's a very generous offer.
I'd prefer the free pipe to go to someone else, but I'm more than happy to show off all the same. So, here's my one and only "in service" Kaywoodie; a Prime Grain 80B...
MT1Llzx.jpg

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
This is my favorite Kaywoodie.
kay-bash-600x450.jpg

I just like Americana. Over the last 5 years (my start into this thing of ours) I have accumulated quite a few more than I thought!
kay-collection-i-600x450.jpg

^In this one is a Yellow Bowl that I believe to be from the Kaywoodie era, before it split off. Also, the Author needs some stem work, and I need to send it out for that, but it is a great pipe.
kaywoodie-collection-ii-600x450.jpg

Took me a long time to snag a chin-rester. And this one has a Yellow Bowl that is an adjust-o-matic and unsmoked. So fun.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
up, yes. The authory bulldog is from the 20's - early 30's and needs some stem work, though the stinger is intact. The logo on the Mandarin (the '60s Kay with bamboo) fell out, sadly.
the s stem was for resting on one's chin, seriously. I had to have one because they are cool as hell to look at, but they aren't comfy and I don't like cleaning the stem, so it sits.

Status
Not open for further replies.