PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Covington, Louisiana
postimg.cc
This is my first Sasieni. It’s an estate Fantail rusticated Billiard. It’s a very dry smoke (based on how he cured his pipes). It’s very light and easy to maintain a constant smoke without fatigue to my jaw.

Don’t even ask me what I am looking at in my picture… I have no idea. LOL

I am including a picture from Pipehil showing the fantail markings…

I will be getting more Sasieni’s View attachment 327998View attachment 327997View attachment 327996View attachment 327995in the future.
Welcome to Club Sasieni! Good choice.

jpmcwjr

Moderate Moderator
Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
You are definitely more knowledgeable about pipes, I just recently started pipe smoking. This is a pipe that was handed down to me by my grandmother. I would appreciate any information and knowledge you could share.
Welcome to the Forum! Please use the Introduction thread to tell us what you like to smoke, where you are, etc!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Covington, Louisiana
postimg.cc
You are definitely more knowledgeable about pipes, I just recently started pipe smoking. This is a pipe that was handed down to me by my grandmother. I would appreciate any information and knowledge you could share.
That is a "Four Dot", made before the merger in 1980 and could be as early as the mid 1940's. Your photo is a bit blurry (shoot with a camera phone, zoomed in, no flash, under a light) but I suspect it is stamped "Viscount Lascelles". It looks to be in great shape, an easy restoration.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

RoadRunner

Lurker
Aug 29, 2024
Alabama
That is a "Four Dot", made before the merger in 1980 and could be as early as the mid 1940's. Your photo is a bit blurry (shoot with a camera phone, zoomed in, no flash, under a light) but I suspect it is stamped "Viscount Lascelles". It looks to be in great shape, an easy restoration.
Yes sir, It says Sasieni Four Dot Rustic
Viscount Lascelles and it says England as well….

jpmcwjr

Moderate Moderator
Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
It's called a "stinger" and there was a time when most pipe makers thought they were necessary. Hundreds of different styles extant.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
What is this metal piece? It can easily be removed… like i said, Im very new to art of pipe smoking
View attachment 333060
The metal fitment is called a stinger, a condenser that was used to cool the smoke. The type of logo stamp is post war. I don’t see any patent stamp, so after 1950. I’m guessing later because of the shape of the dot pattern, maybe mid ‘50’s at the earliest.

bayareabriar

Lifer
May 8, 2019
That’s awesome, I do appreciate the knowledge you have shared with me about this amazing piece of art. It is an absolute pleasure to smoke
Might taste a bit salty/sour because of the oxidation on the stem. Once you clean her up might be even better experience. What’s the pipe to the left of the Sasieni in the photo?

Reactions: RoadRunner