PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Here’s my Group 3 Dunhill Dress bulldog—a classic “opera” pipe to complement the accompanying classic black tuxedo, for enjoyment during intermission when one is not sipping a dry martini.

View attachment 274045
And of course the de rigueur patent leather pumps, top hat, cape, white silk scarf, gloves and silver-mounted walking stick 😁

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
I have never read of these prior to this thread and am curious therefore, How do these smoke compared to regular pipes ? Does the Oval shape enhance the flavors like a pot shape ? Are they the same size as regular pipes or are they smaller like Opera cigars ? Or are they just squished to make more room at the crush bar ?? :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: AroEnglish

Toast

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 15, 2021
UK
Is that top MarTelo this one?

It is! Good spot - it was the first one he'd made. The chambers are a little more conical than my other Operas & they smoke like a dream. So much so that I've already paid the deposit on the next two of a seven day set. Super-excited about the project!

The next two are going to be a blast & a smooth cross cut (one with a horn stem), then two reverse cross cuts - a blast & a smooth again - & the last will be panelled.