PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2012
I apologize if this thread already exists somewhere. I did a search and can't seem to find one so maybe it's time for a new one?
I currently only have a 4 pipe rotation. I will round it out with some cobs that i have coming in the mail via MM and the bag of seconds.
IMG_0992.JPG

This is the Amadeus i posted about in a recent thread.

It has become my Lat blend pipe.
IMG_0989.JPG

this is my Jean LaCroix estate. (it took me a while to identify it!) I don't even remember when or where i got it but it is now my favorite pipe. It has the metal stinger "filter" and a meers bowl lining. This thing smokes so cool and rarely any gargle. It also has a relatively small bowl and almost always smokes decent blends down to a white ash.
IMG_0994.JPG

this is the pipe i have owned the longest. Probably 10 years now. It seems to be some kind of seconds. I bought it at Holt's in Philly. it smokes a bit hot and wet but has developed such a beautiful finish from years of rubbing. it's also very light and sits well in the teeth where i can let it hang while doing other things. I can rarely smoke a bowl to the bottom with this. i think there may be some issue with the well. I would like a pipe similar to this that is higher quality one of these day.
IMG_0988.JPG

this is another seconds pipe that i got at Holt's philly many years ago. I think i bought it for a friend who never got into pipes so it remains mine. I really hate the stem on this thing and has a far too open draw. However it smokes relatively cool if you sip. the bowl is very deep and i rarely make it to the bottom. From the blank maker stamp i'm almost guessing it's a sav seconds.
feel free to discuss and please post your own rotation!

jsiddle

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 24, 2012
Like your first one!
Right now I am smoking in:
Savinelli Oscar Tiger Rustica 673 KS

http://www.milantobacco.com/savinelli_oscar_tiger_rustic_pipes.htm
Savinelli Churchwarden Rustica 901

http://www.savinelli.it/en/pipe/predefinite/finissaggio/20021/rusticata/1/
A Meerschaum Pipe from a buddy

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4132914955860&set=o.114645218625680&type=1&theater
And a couple knockaround basket pipes for whatever

hans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2012
Jsiddle i really like those Tiger rusticas! I might have to pick one up some day.

jsiddle

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 24, 2012
man its my favorite hans... it smokes like a dream...
came with a filter in it, but when you take it out, the draw is so open, its a keeper for sure

zconn

Lurker
Mar 15, 2013
Those are some great looking pipes. I have a collection of 7 pipes but right now I'm focused back on my first pipe (a light briar pipe) and my Handcrafted McKie Churchwarden pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.