PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
will do.I should get it in about 12 days
Paul, let us know your thoughts, when it gets there.
well its arrived.
What can i say
drilled exactly at the bottom of the chamber ,dead centre.
No stain in mortice or chamber.
The drilling in the stummel is at the top of the mortice i am not worried about this at all.i believe there all like this so that a filter can be used if the stem is machined for one.
I have had 2 1/4 bowls so far smoked to the bottom with no gurgle.
no flaws in the briar
my opinion is Excellent pipe recommended

Reactions: Bengel
May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
No stain in mortice or chamber
That's encouraging. Maybe they're finally fixing that problem.

I recently received a rusticated 312 as part of Mark Irwin's NAP project. Peterson donated the pipe and Silver Gray made the super-cool stems. I'm assuming the pipe was recent production, based upon the style of rustication, yet it has plenty of the red understain in the mortise. The bowl was coated. The stain can be very bitter/sour. I don't appreciate having to do an internal alcohol cleanup on brand new pipes.

Reactions: kola

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Inspiring, I am looking for a new “real” Peterson. I have a recent production Donegal Rocky straight apple. It’s “a cute little pipe”, but nothing impressive. I’m searching for something classic, bent, metal capped or banded, and with substance. Keep the ideas coming while I search for just the right estate Pete.

Reactions: Bengel

haparnold

Lifer
Aug 9, 2018
Colorado Springs, CO
I've previously found vulcanite p-lip stems to be impossible to clench, which turned me off from system pipes. I read a few weeks ago on the Peterson Pipe Notes blog that the vulcanite stems of a few years ago were particularly tubular, but that the acrylic p-lip stems were flatter.

Curiosity got the better of me, and I bought a Premier System 301 a couple weeks ago with an acrylic stem, and so far I'm really enjoying it. It's very easy to clench. Truthfully, I think the system drilling itself is just a cute relic of a different age, but the pipe overall is very agreeable.