PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
Looks about right.
Thank you my friend. This is the first time I smoke briar pipes, except for the times I smoked in my father's pipes. It smokes very well. Unlike my corn pipes, the ducts and finishes are imperfect and the airflow is different, hahahahahaha. It's still early to give my full opinion of this Peterson, I need more smokes and give a thin layer of cake to its walls. But it smokes fantastic. Besides being very elegant and classic. And its price is unbeatable.

SunriseBoy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 18, 2021
Toowoomba
Thank you my friend. This is the first time I smoke briar pipes, except for the times I smoked in my father's pipes. It smokes very well. Unlike my corn pipes, the ducts and finishes are imperfect and the airflow is different, hahahahahaha. It's still early to give my full opinion of this Peterson, I need more smokes and give a thin layer of cake to its walls. But it smokes fantastic. Besides being very elegant and classic. And its price is unbeatable.
Howdy, brother. You mentioned your cobs don't smoke very well. If you do the mod in this video, you'll get a very good result.
The mud comes from Scott over at Aristocob.com. $1 for a packet.
The video is here:

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
Howdy, brother. You mentioned your cobs don't smoke very well. If you do the mod in this video, you'll get a very good result.
The mud comes from Scott over at Aristocob.com. $1 for a packet.
The video is here:
Very grateful friend for this video you sent me. Thank you very much and happy Sunday.

Reactions: SunriseBoy

Kooky

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 17, 2022
Florida
Just arrived in the mail. Noob that's jumped off the deep end already.

These Peterson's came with a free reserve blend. I will smoke one, cellar the other. Not to mention I got some Plum Pudding to try, Savinelli Juno will be cellared, then bulk I got some Morning Blend, Haunted Bookshop, PS17 English Luxury, Father Dempsey, and a boatload of Balkan Supreme.

I'm going to need a larger surface for my tobacco and spirits.

IMG_0069.JPG

Tabacco

Part of the Furniture Now
May 1, 2020
GA - USA
peterson rosslare royal irish sandblast b10 tobacco pipe fishtailView attachment 122101
I have the exact same pipe. I purchased it in 2007 or 2008. It was one of the most astringent and "hard" pipes I had ever encountered. A very stubborn pipe I should say. I think it took seven or eight years before getting a good smoke out of it. However it was well worth the effort. Mysteriously it suddenly became one of my best smoking pipes.

Tabacco

May 1, 2020
GA - USA
This is my new Irish Harp Sandblasted (999) Fishtail. Just arrived.

CS6KNh4.jpg

KHU3CV8.jpg

Q57mBqH.jpg

Here she is with her sisters.

8tBK0G5.jpg

Laurent

Lifer
Dec 25, 2021
Michigan
I have the exact same pipe. I purchased it in 2007 or 2008. It was one of the most astringent and "hard" pipes I had ever encountered. A very stubborn pipe I should say. I think it took seven or eight years before getting a good smoke out of it. However it was well worth the effort. Mysteriously it suddenly became one of my best smoking pipes.
Mine smokes well but the metal parts are poorly done.

Reactions: ofafeather

Tabacco

May 1, 2020
GA - USA
Mine smokes well but the metal parts are poorly done.
At the end of the day we are talking about "mass production". What is the problem with yours?

These are the rings on my new 999. I do not know if this was a change in the design or just a way to cut production time.
I like the pipe and after the first bowl I can say it smokes great, but I could not avoid to notice the difference.

H5iunCE.jpg

SedydkQ.jpg

Here next to the 80s Deluxe.

E9tox5M.jpg

Last edited:

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
At the end of the day we are talking about "mass production". What is the problem with yours?

These are the rings on my new 999. I do not know if this was a change in the design or just a way to cut production time.
I like the pipe and after the first bowl I can say it smokes great, but I could not avoid to notice the difference.

H5iunCE.jpg

SedydkQ.jpg

Here next to the 80s Deluxe.

E9tox5M.jpg
Those rings are a little modern touch!

Reactions: keith929