PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jon C.P.G.

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 29, 2023
Canada
Good to hear, at least for my wallet😆 My teeth don’t like acrylic.
That one looks wonderful though!
Yeah I know what you mean, I don't dislike acrylic but I definitely prefer vulcanite stems, what bugs me is deluxe pipes should all have vulcanite stems especially the natural deluxes. Any peterson branded Deluxe System shouldn't have an acrylic stem.

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
Yeah I know what you mean, I don't dislike acrylic but I definitely prefer vulcanite stems, what bugs me is deluxe pipes should all have vulcanite stems especially the natural deluxes. Any peterson branded Deluxe System shouldn't have an acrylic stem.
Reason #16 I’ll probably stay a HAPG (half assed Pete Geek): my brand loyalty only extends to things I actually like. Even the IFS 357/09 I recently was so excited to get will be going as trade fodder when I get around to posting it, because the chamber is larger than anything I’ll smoke.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Reason #16 I’ll probably stay a HAPG (half assed Pete Geek): my brand loyalty only extends to things I actually like. Even the IFS 357/09 I recently was so excited to get will be going as trade fodder when I get around to posting it, because the chamber is larger than anything I’ll smoke.
Yeah what you'll want in a bent is a 314 or even a 317. I think the pipes were a little smaller before as the older 314 I had was in between a modern 314 and modern 317 size wise.

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
Yeah what you'll want in a bent is a 314 or even a 317. I think the pipes were a little smaller before as the older 314 I had was in between a modern 314 and modern 317 size wise.
Definitely. I dunno if the 317 even has a pre-republic analog.
I’ll be looking for a IFS/Eire or patent era 364, 31, or any functional patent era AB/AP(straight) with ~.75” chambers.
A guy can dream, no?

Jon C.P.G.

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 29, 2023
Canada
Got myself a Pub pipe. Being a big fan of the dutch billiard I couldn't keep myself from buying one any longer when the right one for the right price came along.

View attachment 323562
I recently got one myself, love it. That is also a gorgeous blast on yours, very much a spiders web look from that angle. What are you breaking it in with?

marlow-se

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2022
Sweden
That's a good looking pipe.
Thanks. I couldn't resist that blast.

I recently got one myself, love it. That is also a gorgeous blast on yours, very much a spiders web look from that angle. What are you breaking it in with?
I don't know, I don't really give much thought to breaking in pipes anymore. I'm recovering from a cold so I can't smoke yet but it will just be what tobacco I feel like smoking in that moment. Traditionally I use Prince Albert for the first one or two bowls and sometimes I still do.