PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

ahmadothman

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2016
Egypt
Long before the name Orlik became a property of the Danish tobacco concern we're all familiar with, the name stood for quality London made pipes. Founded on Bond Street in 1899 by Louis Orlik, the company produced pipes of similar quality to Dunhill, Sasieni, Barling, GBD, Loewe and Comoy's until 1980, when they were acquired by Cadogan. Like the other hallowed marques acquired by Cadogan around that time, production was moved and quality took a nose dive. These post-1980 pipes became of little interest to collectors.
A guide to Orlik pipes

Reactions: Ahi Ka

ahmadothman

Apr 26, 2016
Egypt
this is my Orlik Deluxe L220 and I have to say it is a little beauty. My B&M told me that the importer had them for around 20 years or so and forgot about them and then he gave it to them at a low price. So they are in a great condition and for an amazing price. It is a Pre-Cadogan era pipe, so it's at least a few decades old. Certainly older than I am
VhA13bG.jpg

dHbTcdl.jpg

May 31, 2012
Ahmad, I love that little L220, it's a good looker, and you got really lucky to find complete with box and everything as "new old stock", does your B&M have any other older pipes laying around?
I've been thinning my herd lately and had to let a crown jewel go because it was a smooth (I collect sandblasts) and it was a bit too fancy for my tastes, it was somewhat difficult though because as a "museum piece" I really loved it as an example of how Orlik has always been a good pipe-maker, but it was impractical for me...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ORLIK-STERLING-LONDON-InterWar-Estate-Pipe-/111997733776?hash=item1a1395cb90:g:GlsAAOSw7W5XN2a4
:puffy:

ahmadothman

Apr 26, 2016
Egypt
That's a beautiful one, it's a shame you had to let it go. And yes, my B&M has some old pipes. If I recall well some Parkers, Falcons, Savinelli and others. They even have a Savinelli signature. And as I mentioned, they had a lucky find from an old storage at their supplier's that got them a gold mine. There is an L9 from Orlik as well which looks divine, but it was impractical for me as well, as its bowl is quite small.

londonmake

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2016
Hi all;

Here's a rare Orlik. It was missing it's o-ring logo which had fallen out and i had refinished with a new ring. Amazing sandblast.

londonmake

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2016
Hi Al;

Yes, Jon showed his at our club meet, which also came in a case.

We are the only two guys with same Orlik [in the club] :)

hoppes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 15, 2017
Glad to see some interest in Orlik pipes. They are essentially overlooked by most those interested in British pipes. Have collected several over the years and have found them equal to anything else. All are pre Cadogan. Here's the stable:
On the left: On the right:

Drier Briar D9 Old Root L122
Supreme 169 Hand cut stem Deluxe L122
Supreme T130 Deluxe LX 116
Old Bond Street C37IMG_1072.JPG

Reactions: Ahi Ka and trubka2