PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
The Dunhill’s can be abusive on the wallet for sure. Im also want a Sasieni and a Comoy however I have not studied these makes enough to have a good understanding of prices and varients.
Sasieni and Comoy make lots of second lines which are often bargains.
Pipedia has a list of the subsidiary brands

Like Parker (the early ones when they were genuine downgraded Dunhills) a good way to experience “Dunhill quality” for a lot less

• Love
Reactions: PaulRVA
I am considering my 1st and 2nd estate GDB's. I hope to look at them in the next day or two. Being VERY new, I welcome any opinions on these (and information/est-value/etc).

BTW: To mod SSJones, my sister lives in Frederick. Maybe I can visit a club meeting next time I visit. I'll bring one of these if I end up buying them.

Honestly I am a 'smooth' kinda guy, but I do like the first one in particular and the shape is missing from my collection.

Sorry for img quality as these are from the posting and I have not seen them.

Screenshot 2024-06-07 at 9.22.47 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-06-07 at 9.22.53 PM.png

Second one: (has more pix but I don't want to overwhelm).

Screenshot 2024-06-07 at 9.28.56 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-06-07 at 9.29.23 PM.png

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I am considering my 1st and 2nd estate GDB's. I hope to look at them in the next day or two. Being VERY new, I welcome any opinions on these (and information/est-value/etc).

BTW: To mod SSJones, my sister lives in Frederick. Maybe I can visit a club meeting next time I visit. I'll bring one of these if I end up buying them.

Honestly I am a 'smooth' kinda guy, but I do like the first one in particular and the shape is missing from my collection.

Sorry for img quality as these are from the posting and I have not seen them.

View attachment 315644
View attachment 315645

Second one: (has more pix but I don't want to overwhelm).

View attachment 315649View attachment 315651
Very interesting, I've not seen that stamping before.
The Frederick Club has disbanded, but we get together once a quarter at Boswell's in Chambersburg, PA

Another GBD estate I stumbled across in a vintage shop. For $5 I decided why not. I have not found anything yet on the webs about the "Ivory" line... I'll wait until I get state-side to clean it up proper, but a minute with a magic eraser and it seems the stem will go back to black. Not sure if the stem logo will pop back or go fully away. I can imagine this has seen a restore in it's life but I'm not versed enough to tell for sure. The rim is quite clean.

gbd.jpg

zoom.jpg

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Another GBD estate I stumbled across in a vintage shop. For $5 I decided why not. I have not found anything yet on the webs about the "Ivory" line... I'll wait until I get state-side to clean it up proper, but a minute with a magic eraser and it seems the stem will go back to black. Not sure if the stem logo will pop back or go fully away. I can imagine this has seen a restore in it's life but I'm not versed enough to tell for sure. The rim is quite clean.

View attachment 319570

View attachment 319571
When the Cadogan era started, they released a ton of new lines (GBD and Comoy's).

Sig

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2023
Western NY
I have a handful of GBDs.
I'll take better pictures but I posted this one the other day on the "What are you smoking" thread.
Its a post merger "Constitution" 9456 with a green swirl Acrylic stem and the circular COM.......but has the brass rondell. Years ago I was told it must be a very early merge pipe where they used up the supply of brass rondells. Ive seen other GBD "Constitution" with the green stem and brass rondell. I love the 9456 shape!
Not sure, im no expert. :)
IMG_20231110_155230_kindlephoto-257029564.jpg