Show me your Rack!

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattmars

Sep 13, 2011

I don't have a man cave or a computer room so I keep my rack and baccys on the kitchen counter. 3/4 of my smokeable pipes were a gift from a pretty awesome person.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I don't have a man cave or a computer room so I keep my rack and baccys on the kitchen counter.
No man cave here either, my stand/rack is in a corner of our dining room.......much to Mrs. Jones dismay.

baronsamedi

Preferred Member
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Awesome stuff, guys! Bigvan, I love the drilled out block you have for tampers. I'm totally going to make one of those!

ejames

Preferred Member
Oct 6, 2009
Close up on the main rack. All are made by North American carvers. Rack by Ken Lamb.
I am extremely envious of that racks contents!! Doesn't Ken Lamb also make pipe making tools?

juni

Preferred Member
Mar 9, 2010
Add about twice the amount of pipes and it looks like this:

baronsamedi

Preferred Member
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Incredible, Juni.I keep my baccys in an ols "treasure chest" my grandma gave me when I was little. No real value other than sentimental. Stuff that doesn't fit it there are stashed all about the office (Closest thing to a "man cave" I have). If I ever hit a nice windfall I'm going to reference some of these pix for ideas on how to keep my pipes.
Here's a pic of my "Treasure"

bigvan

Preferred Member
Mar 22, 2011
Baron, drilling holes in a block of wood is about the extent of my woodworking abilities. That block started out as a 4x4.
Thanks vondutch. If Santa brings me the new camera I've been asking for (so I don't have to snap pix with my cell phone anymore) my plan is to start taking photos of each of the pipes.
ejames, yeah Ken makes both tools and racks. That rack matches the paneling so well it looks like a built-in! The guy does great work!

pawpaw

Preferred Member
Jun 25, 2011
cleveland NC
here is my stand

the cobs

grabows and welly

all the rest

top drawer cleaners, church warden and spare clay cutty

bottom drawer IE the cellar

olderthandirt

Preferred Member
Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
All together in a bookcase after having been scattered all about the house.

Couple of wall racks I threw together. They'll do for now.

Here's where the current tobacco rotation resides.

zanthal

Preferred Member
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
My tobacco collection is a bit more impressive than my pipe collection. When I have an enviable set up like you guys do, I will share some pics. For now ... :worship: :D
sherlock ... how many ounces does the pipe in the right of the 2nd pic hold?

Status
Not open for further replies.