PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

OneGoodBulldog

Can't Leave
Nov 2, 2020
I prefer having the lock of the Mercator. Though I see they are a bit harder to find now, they were plentiful when I got my pair. I carry the stainless daily and the carbon sits in my desk drawer. Even though the carbon is sharper, I prefer the non-hassle upkeep of the stainless blade for daily use.

it has the same basic construction of the douk douk, but more well executed and with the lockback.
I would prefer the Mercator for the lock too, but Canadians have this dumb thing where we bend over and take it whenever the government says something stupid so... Not having a locking blade is a form of insurance against police sanctioned theft. Pretty sure that Turkish clip doesn't do me any favors, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there. I used to carry a knife at all times, then I stopped for some reason. Recently however I really could have done with a knife and didn't have one, so now the douk douk lives in my pocket. I'm actually considering a CRKT CEO for an EDC now. Looks like the butt end is perfectly shaped for pipe tamping and the knife appears refined enough to not look like a murder weapon. They make a flipper version too that looks like a perfect pipe tamper, but I'm not sure you can get assisted open flippers in Canada any longer.

Reactions: BROBS

C

carolinasmokes

I have use a Rodgers pipe knife for near 20 years now and own several. They are the best tool I have ever used for shaving down bowl cake, cob or briar.

Reactions: Reggie and OzPiper

Scottishgaucho

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2020
Buenos Aires Province.
The two knives I usually use are a Normark and Swiss Army. I've had them for years and used to use them when fishing and camping.

20210615-210946.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.