PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

ChuckMijo

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2020
Here’s two new to my stable. The backstory is simple. I sold pipes to buy pipes. Junkies gotta score.

A 1935 Loewe Billiard and a 1910 Loewe w/ Spigot

View attachment 59812View attachment 59813
Ash those pipes are absolutely beautiful!! I wanted to pull the trigger on that spigot so bad. I’m glad it went to you!!! Congrats..... I think it’s 1900 not 1910?

Ziggywm

Can't Leave
Sep 9, 2019
Fargo, ND
I never knew Disney World sold pipes. Until you posted this. I started googling it. There are some serious collectors of these out there. Putting together sets. Fantastic!
When I got married in 1972 my wife and I honeymooned at Disney World. They had a pipe shop on Main Street. I loved it. I don't remember the pipes they carried, just that they had some nice ones. Also, the shop had a wonderful sign post outside. Several years later when we came back with our young son, the shop was gone, a victim of PC Puritanism I'm sure.

Reactions: ChuckMijo

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Those Loewe's and Comoy's are gorgeous.

I've added three to the pile and will take pictures when I find the time.
1. 1911 Unsmoked Delacour - The bowl is made from a section of burl. Beautifully knobby and textured. I've not seen anything quite like it.

2. 1938-40 Barling Niblick - Four of these have shown up in the last several years and I now own two of them, half the world's known survivors. The Niblick was the pre War name Barling gave to the few sandblasts they produced.

3. 1910 Barling Magnum - A huge bent billiard. Bowl is 3" high and pipe is 9" in length. It's also stamped Durandu, which is a very rare stamp for one of Barling's early dealers.

Reactions: ChuckMijo

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Those Loewe's and Comoy's are gorgeous.

I've added three to the pile and will take pictures when I find the time.
1. 1911 Unsmoked Delacour - The bowl is made from a section of burl. Beautifully knobby and textured. I've not seen anything quite like it.

2. 1938-40 Barling Niblick - Four of these have shown up in the last several years and I now own two of them, half the world's known survivors. The Niblick was the pre War name Barling gave to the few sandblasts they produced.

3. 1910 Barling Magnum - A huge bent billiard. Bowl is 3" high and pipe is 9" in length. It's also stamped Durandu, which is a very rare stamp for one of Barling's early dealers.
Very cool, I watched that Durandu and contemplated getting in, but I figured barling guys were going after it. Congrats on the Niblicks too!!

ChuckMijo

Sep 26, 2020
Sweet Christ!!!!! That’s unreal. Uber rare find. I can’t stop staring. Those should be on PIpepedia.

Reactions: danish

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
So the $15 “sun hill” arrived in the mail today. I’ll take some pics of it later this afternoon, but in the meantime, it is the exact same model and patent number as this pipe

ChuckMijo

Sep 26, 2020
Reactions: Ahi Ka