PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Got my order from meerschaummarket yesterday. They were small than I expected but look like they will fit in most of my meerschaums with no problem. I think they are too small for my two larger pipes.

I'll have to document how much coloring change occurs in my meerschaums this month.

kgs

Might Stick Around
Feb 14, 2021
South Florida
I am interested. I want to try the meerschaum ones, but I suspect that they are too wide for my small pipe. The bowl diameter is about 0.70in (18mm). I can nurse a strong flake in this little pipe for a good two hours, so I am not concerned about losing space in the bowl.

Maybe I can file it down to size if it is too large. I would imagine that because it is meerschaum that it will last until I drop it on the floor. I have never smoked a meerschaum pipe, but it might be nice to have some of the smoking properties of a meerschaum in a briar.

dcicero

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 23, 2019
Michigan
Based on all the arguing on the water flush thread, I feel compelled to include this disclaimer. To be clear, I don't give a shit if you decide to try these. I don't care if you think they are great or stupid. I'm not even recommending that you try them and I most certainly do not think you're stupid if you don't (okay, given my own positive experience, I at least think you're a little stubborn and hard headed if you don't give them a try, possibly even a bit stupid). This is simply a "sharing thingie" on my part. To further clarify, @BROBS I definitely don't give a shit what you think about these. I would think if you would chew them into little bits and swallow, it might help you pass all that lettuce and other green crap you munch on.
Will they work well with royal yacht?

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
I just want to keep seeing this thread pop up so I have narrow shitpads running through my mind like the fucking Addams Family tune for weeks until it all happens again. ?

Doo doo dupe, snap, snap, doo doo dupe.
This should help:

“They're creepy and they're kooky,
Mysterious and spooky,
They're altogether ooky,
The Addams Family.

Their house is a museum
When people come to see 'em
They really are a scream
The Addams Family.

[snap twice]
(Neat)
[snap twice]
(Sweet)
[snap twice]
(Petite)

So get a witch's shawl on
A broomstick you can crawl on
We're gonna pay a call on
The Addams Family.” (Snap twice)

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
Just saw this thread—I’ve been using the product for years, and it’s wonderful-really works as advertised in absorbing excess moisture. The product is simple: compressed calcium carbonate, i.e. blackboard chalk, but who cares what it’s made of, as long as it works and this stuff really does work. Similar to the Denicotea crystals which do the same thing but have a different chemical composition. If you use this product, you will end up with a fine gray ash at the bottom of the bowl, and zero dottle. Now that has to be worth something.
But here’s a little story: just a few short weeks ago pipesandcigars.com carried them in bags off 10 each, and so I ordered 20 packages of 10 units. They shipped me 20 units, thereby shorting me 18 packages. (Note: later, after much aggravation, they issued a refund for the 18 missing packages.) then they told me that they had seven packages left, and would ship them to me. Sure enough, some bright fellow in the shipping department opened the small plastic bag, removed three units and shipped me the 7 units, rather than the 7 bags. Now that’s quality control!

Mtlpiper

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2019
Montreal, QC
I've used these as well as Nording's 'Key Stones' chucked in the bottom of a bowl. Both work quite well.

The activated charcoal pellets would probably perform similarly at a reduced cost, but the 'narrow shitpads' are shaped very well and don't get in the way of packing.

It would be nice to have a little press-mould so that one could just compress (from chalk) and have a limitless supply.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'll have to smoke another bowl of RY to see how bad it really is. Stalin liked it, and that's a problem.

Reactions: Casual

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
@BROBS I definitely don't give a shit what you think about these. I would think if you would chew them into little bits and swallow, it might help you pass all that lettuce and other green crap you munch on.

I'm disappointed I missed this thread because I'd like add on and say to BROBS I don't give a shit if you think I look silly in skinny jeans. They make me look fabulous!