PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobsandclays

Lurker
Mar 2, 2010
The real issue is the media and the belief that everyone should be given equal time to say their piece. Not that anyone should be censored, but if there is a collective of concerned ER doctors that has a boatload of documentation outlining that hot dogs (in particular) are a significant hazard to children (compared to other common hazards), then let them publish in JAMA. If the AMA then decides that the issue should be reviewed in the interest of public health THEN let’s get a national dialog going about it.

Just because a couple of docs think dogs are deadly that doesn’t mean they should get ink on the front page. But that’s how media execs think- if it bleeds, it leads. Obviously it had the intended effect because we're currently talking about it- so the terrorist doctors win :) Sad story, the day after this story first came out there was a local 4 year old who choked to death on a dog. The parents didn’t even think to keep an eye on him while he was eating: reason 9,773 that I don’t have kids.
Common sense isn’t so common- Voltaire

sapo59

Can't Leave
Dec 29, 2009
With that being said, In my opinion the blame lays completely on the parents. That's why when my 2 years old eats one of his parents are around. For goodness sake, most of the hot dogs I buy say on the back of the pack, In detailed instructions, how to cut the damn thing up. Walla, if you do it the hot dog is no longer a choking hazard. People are lazy, what else can I say. So in their opinion we all should suffer a change to an American icon because there are people among us are to lazy to do a simple thing, or pay attention to their kids when they eat. COME ON.

dunendain

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 22, 2009
They should start taxing parents on their level of stupidity. My sons have eaten hundred of hot dogs, and they damned healthy. When they ban meat in a tube, America is officially dead.

thecigarsoldier

Might Stick Around
Feb 8, 2010
Wisconsin
I've always said; its too bad stupidity doesn’t hurt. I like your idea Dunendain to tax parents based on their level of stupidity. We could likely wipe out the national deficit with just the people I saw at Wal-Mart yesterday. More white trash than a dumpster behind a paper plate factory.

peter

Might Stick Around
Oct 8, 2009
Eventually we're gonna wind up like the movie Idiocracy. Frakin hippies.

cobsandclays

Lurker
Mar 2, 2010
It's not hippies, it's the CHILDREN of hippies! Their parents didn't give them any boundaries and now they're going batshit crazy with all these rules :)

Status
Not open for further replies.