Shag Cut, Why Don’t We See It More Often?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChickenT00th

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2020
I bought a Tsuge Topper not long ago for around 50 bucks. Talk about a stack. Check em out if you're on a budget or don't want to spend much on one. It comes with a bottom advancer too, which could be used as a tamper, but it's purpose is to be placed in the bowl for a shorter smoke.
Just looked them up, woah you're not kidding! That's a serious stack. Thank you for the recommendation!

canadianpuffer

Can't Leave
Oct 8, 2017
What's this?? There are different taxes based on cut?
It’s an older video on his channel but was explaining the difference between cuts and diameter could equal higher tax if it fit into the ryo category. Check out his video way more info

Reactions: BROBS

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
It’s an older video on his channel but was explaining the difference between cuts and diameter could equal higher tax if it fit into the ryo category. Check out his video way more info
I'm assuming though that this means something incredibly fine and hair-like.. similar to the cut of Stokkebye rolling tobaccos. No way can you argue it's a pipe cut.

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
I do know that in the roll your own world, some brands offer cigarette tobacco and "pipe tobacco" they're both intended for cigarettes.. and you could smoke them both just fine in a pipe. I always assumed it was the label that changes the tax, not the cut.

Reactions: BROBS

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I do know that in the roll your own world, some brands offer cigarette tobacco and "pipe tobacco" they're both intended for cigarettes.. and you could smoke them both just fine in a pipe. I always assumed it was the label that changes the tax, not the cut.
Not sure on the semantics of it. I’m assuming there is a reason they can’t call it all “pipe tobacco” or they would for tax reasons. So perhaps it is the cut of it?

Mar 13, 2020
missouri
could be.. I just assumed there was a market for tobacco labeled for cigarettes. For people who want to pay extra to have it labeled that way.
I think RYO like TOP or Bugler is a little bit better quality than RYO marketed as pipe tobacco, and there's a price difference too. Some of that RYO pipe tobacco is some god awful stuff, man.

rajangan

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 14, 2018
Edmonton, AB
I think RYO like TOP or Bugler is a little bit better quality than RYO marketed as pipe tobacco, and there's a price difference too. Some of that RYO pipe tobacco is some god awful stuff, man.
I agree with this.
Travelling in the States, I didn't know about this practice and made the naïve mistake of buying said "pipe tobacco".

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA

It is. Bugler makes both.. for whatever reason. Hell, maybe the "pipe tobacco" is the floor sweepings. It sure looks like it.

I also believe those ryo "pipe tobacco" cigarettes are harder on your lungs, than conventional cigarettes.

Mar 13, 2020
missouri
It is. Bugler makes both.. for whatever reason. Hell, maybe the "pipe tobacco" is the floor sweepings. It sure looks like it.

I also believe those ryo "pipe tobacco" cigarettes are harder on your lungs, than conventional cigarettes.
I would concur with this whole heartedly. I've been In one of those pinches before where thats all I could afford. Needless to say I'm glad those times are behind me.

Status
Not open for further replies.