PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

geopiper

Can't Leave
Jan 9, 2019
I've been hearing him more and more lately as a guest on the Pipesmagazine radio show and decided to look around on the web for photos of his straight grain pipes. I've found a few photos, but not many. I came across his book but from the descriptions it seems the photos are in black and white.

Any other sources of color photos of his pipes?

Perhaps another option I can pursue is to get his contact information and send him an email.

thanks.

Reactions: yanoJL

yanoJL

Lifer
Oct 21, 2022
Pismo Beach, California
I've been hearing him more and more lately as a guest on the Pipesmagazine radio show and decided to look around on the web for photos of his straight grain pipes. I've found a few photos, but not many. I came across his book but from the descriptions it seems the photos are in black and white.

Any other sources of color photos of his pipes?

Perhaps another option I can pursue is to get his contact information and send him an email.

thanks.
I have the Kindle version of his book; plenty of full-color photos of gorgeous straight-grain pipes from his collection.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Being the Internet Age, in hindsight I'd best explain my weak joke earlier.

There are TWO eminent Freds in the Pipeworld---Fred Hanna and Fred Janusek---and they've been a part of it for (combined) close to a century.

Since many conversations among collectors could potentially involve either of them when referencing something, several qualifiers have evolved over the years to distinguish between them. (Even "Doctor Fred" or "Professor Fred" wasn't enough since they are both one... Hanna in human behavior stuff, and Janusek in math).

Somehow, "Ugly Fred" and "Good Lookin' Fred" got started in the usual stupid-human way such things do, and there you go.

(The fact that Fred H. really DOES crack camera lenses when he looks at them, or Fred J. gets daily phone calls from Hollywood modeling agencies has nothing to do with it.)