PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Akousticplyr

Lifer
Oct 12, 2019
Florida Panhandle
Oh boy. Skipping 4 and going straight to DEFCON 3.
Time to start updating my wish lists.

dr-strangelove.png

fightnhampster

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 14, 2019
Indiana
actually makes sense. As a kit they don't have to pay any money but if they blended it all together suddenly it's a new tobacco that has to be registered or something like that. I guess what I am saying is they don't have to do this but it's more cost effective.

Yup, quite clever. Only problem us you can't do this with flake or plugs?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014

fightnhampster

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 14, 2019
Indiana
You can with a pasta press.

I thought about something like that. It definitely would be better than nothing.

I doubt though that it would match the consistency of a factory press or match the pounds of force they are able to create. I could be wrong.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
It should've been beyond the deeming, one if the earliest reviews is pre-2007. I've also read it's not one of Russ's but was blended by Eric Nicholas.
of course it is. But it still cost more if I understand correctly. Why incur costs if they aren't needed. Example if you found a lb of a great tobacco for 5 buck or for 3 bucks why pay the five?

Reactions: coyja

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
of course it is. But it still cost more if I understand correctly. Why incur costs if they aren't needed. Example if you found a lb of a great tobacco for 5 buck or for 3 bucks why pay the five?
To which sentence were you replyjng?

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
It should've been beyond the deeming, one if the earliest reviews is pre-2007. I've also read it's not one of Russ's but was blended by Eric Nicholas.
that's the one. If they sell it as a kit the financial burden of registering the tobacco is with the people who make the elements that are blended together. If they keep it as a blend don't they have to pay for some paper work or testing or some such thing? So if I understand it correctly why would they spend the money if it's really simply not required.

Reactions: Chasing Embers

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
that's the one. If they sell it as a kit the financial burden of registering the tobacco is with the people who make the elements that are blended together. If they keep it as a blend don't they have to pay for some paper work or testing or some such thing? So if I understand it correctly why would they spend the money if it's really simply not required.
Being a pre-deeming blend, it shouldn't have been an issue unless the addition of "Scotty's" to the name post 2007 disqualified it from being grandfathered in.

Reactions: anotherbob