PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Peter Turbo

Lifer
Oct 18, 2021
CT, USA
Does anyone know of blenders that don’t use Sutliff, or anything related to STG?

Thanks
Most USA brick and mortars use Sutliff leaf.

Watch City Cigar
LJ Peretti
The Country Squire
McCrannies
Iwan Ries
Wike Pipe Tobacco
...all use Sutliff to some degree or another, they might do additional processing after to make it "their own" but it comes from Sutliff.

The only one I'm not sure about because I've never bought anything from or did enough research is Uhles.

Don't want Sutliff leaf? Then smoke C&D or SG/G&H/HU blends.

AroEnglish

Rehabilitant
Jan 7, 2020
PMF Recovery Center
Most USA brick and mortars use Sutliff leaf.

Watch City Cigar
LJ Peretti
The Country Squire
McCrannies
Iwan Ries
Wike Pipe Tobacco
...all use Sutliff to some degree or another, they might do additional processing after to make it "their own" but it comes from Sutliff.

The only one I'm not sure about because I've never bought anything from or did enough research is Uhles.

Don't want Sutliff leaf? Then smoke C&D or SG/G&H/HU blends.
Where does C&D get their leaf?

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
HH Burley flake.....ODF......

I like 6 tobaccos, and those are 2 of them...

I must say it'll be interesting to find out how they turn out. Hopefully it won't be as drastic as some in the past...
I went ahead and ordered just a wee bit more of the HH line. Not much, as I'm fairly loaded up with leaf all the way around, but just in case, so I'd still have a couple for some years down the road.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
SE WI
I went ahead and ordered just a wee bit more of the HH line. Not much, as I'm fairly loaded up with leaf all the way around, but just in case, so I'd still have a couple for some years down the road.
Better safe than sorry!

I'll have to save a tin of each, and compare them to the new ones.

Reactions: Elric

damacene

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 31, 2022
Los Angeles, CA
I find it funny I see this after I post that MM965 has become my every day smoke...I suppose I've already been assimilated into the STG Collective. Even though that's my favorite, since I started smoking a pipe I've been impressed by the quality of Mac Baren tobaccos; especially HH Pure Virginia and Capstan. It will be sad if everything is streamlined and those great products are lost. It will be even more strange to see Sutliff products changed or eliminated. I can't imagine the backlash from SPC being ruined. I'm tempted to buy a boatload of Presbyterian in case I can't get it in the future; but I should just leave it for people who cherish it to have as much as they need.

Reactions: fireground_piper