PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
It never rains, it pours.
On Saturday, June 30th we had to take 'Bijou', our fifteen-year old Lab cross into the vet as she was having issues breathing. Unfortunately, this was just the latest in a long line of medical issues, and sadly, she didn't make it through this one.
Yesterday morning, I awoke to discover that 'Coco' (aka 'The Little Man'), our twelve-year old Shitzu, bleeding profusely from several orifices. Now, this isn't too alarming in itself, since we rescued him last year, he has been fighting off one systemic infection after another - so we just figured this was another link in the chain. Our vet, however, felt this time was different, and asked if he could run the gambit of tests and keep him overnight for monitoring.

This morning, I received a phone-call, Coco's system is literally riddled with infection, and his major organs have begun to shut down. Sadly, at ten o'clock this morning, Coco will close his eyes for the final time.
Wishing you a speedy journey; know that you were two of the best friends a guy could have asked for!
Le petit Bijou noir:

WaitingforMommy_04-01-1016.jpg

The Little Man:

CocoHosting.jpg

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
I love my dog and I know how you feel, friends ask me why don"t you get rid of that dog (catahoula cur) he doesn"t listen, I tell them he"s just like me, useless HaHa the old cajun

bigmike

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Sorry to learn of your double loss.
Our best to you and your family in this time of sadness.

goalee1

Might Stick Around
Jan 21, 2012
So sorry for your loss. We had a 16 year old lab and more recently a 15 year old black lab that we had to take in because of tumours. You hold on to them as long as you can but in the end always have to see if they are in pain or not. They will put up with more pain than you or I could ever endure and will be true to the end. Again my deepest condolences. G1

martiniman

Apr 6, 2012
my heart goes out to you
As my wife says, "now their running in sunny fields together in the best health"

yohanan

Lifer
Oct 1, 2011
Old Belt/U.S.A.
I am terrible sorry for the loss of your friends. Pets show nothing but genuine love, and that's why we miss them so much when they are gone.

grizzly86

Apr 5, 2012
Man, that is a tough pill to swallow; not one old friend but two. Sorry to hear.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
My wifes cat died recently, he was 17 years old. Its easy to think "they're just pets" but when we lose one it hurts just like losing anyone you love.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
So sorry bro. I have been through putting a dog or 2 down and it just plain old sucks. I dedicate this bowl to your 2 good friends. Long may they run.

briarbird

Can't Leave
Dec 7, 2011
My condolences. My dog is my best my friend and God forbid, when the day comes for him, I know I will be a wreck. My next bowl will be in honor of you and your beautiful pups.

Status
Not open for further replies.