PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I have been keeping an eye out for a Corallo 904 for you
Thanks! One popped up on eBay back in 2017. Looked suspicious, and when I asked for better pics, a dark spot on the bottom of the bowl looked like the beginning of a burn out. Even rarer is the 914. I let one of those go last year and am still regretting it.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
I got a helluva deal on the 624.
It's funny with the De Luxe Milanos. Several of my 904/9004s are from the line in different finishes and none of them were over $30. I don't think the sellers register their value.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
It even came with one of those old dunghills that embers despises!!.......... :D
I don't despise them per se, out of the three I've had, the drilling was horrible and has colored my opinion about their alleged quality.

georgebmcclelland

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2018
Lookin' good!
Speaking of stem work, there's a guy out there who makes a De-Oxidizer bath that works wonders, no elbow grease required. I'm not sure if I can plug his website, I'd have to check on the rules, but I don't have any sort of affiliation with him or ulterior motive so I'd hope it would be OK. The guy was really great to do business with, and I like to spread the word on small businesses who sell a product that actually works. I found out about his products through the rebornpipes blog, and those guys clean up A LOT of pipes.

donjgiles

Lifer
Apr 14, 2018
I know the guy you are referring to General, I use his before and after restoration balm. If the de-oxifier works as good as the restoration balm, I am sold, that stuff is magic!

donjgiles

Lifer
Apr 14, 2018
[Even rarer is the 914. I let one of those go last year and am still regretting it.]
I can't even find shape 914 on a shape chart.
I have some rare shapes in Corolla finish, 130 a tall stack, 512 (2 brass dots) and even one big bent square shanked number that takes balsa filters like a dry system pipe. I will dig them out and check the model numbers if you are interested.
Don

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
I can't even find shape 914 on a shape chart.
Yep, Giubileo D'Oro 914. Went for $192.50 last year, and appears to be the same shape as the 904 and 9004.
s-l400.jpg

georgebmcclelland

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2018
If the de-oxifier works as good as the restoration balm
Yes, that's the stuff, and it's simply amazing. Hands down the only "solution" that has ever made any difference for me. Really bad oxidation vanishes overnight. I use all of his restoration stuff and they make life so much better when it comes to stems. The balm is nice on briar as well.

georgebmcclelland

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2018
That's one of the best parts, the de-oxidizer has left the logos of every one of my stems completely un-changed. I would still be careful around them when polishing the pipe, if you use his Fine and Extra Fine Polishes, as they are almost like a liquid super-fine grain sandpaper magic. As far as the de-oxidation bath, I've left stems in there for 24 hours without any lifting of logos.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Amazing Job Don,pipe looks stunning now, I know these stem related restorations do require some nerves.And how did you manage to get rid off the rim charring residues?
Embers@ Is that BarKeepersFried cleaning abrasive the same stuff we have under the Vim*Trandemark here in EU,white powderlike?

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Not sure if it's the same product, but it is a very fine abrasive. After that, I thumb buff with a small amount of toothpaste for a glossy black finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.