PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

stokesdale

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2020
Stokesdale
They're out today, gentlemen. 8,000 tins.
Why can't C&D put out Carolina Red Flake more than once per year? This really pisses me off that they can do that for one of their other "small batch" blends but can't for Red Flake! I mean damn, this Sans...whatever the hell it's called has Carolina Red Virginia in it!!! Just package the crap up on its own and sell us some!

cohibajoe

Mar 2, 2018
Branchburg, NJ
Why can't C&D put out Carolina Red Flake more than once per year? This really pisses me off that they can do that for one of their other "small batch" blends but can't for Red Flake! I mean damn, this Sans...whatever the hell it's called has Carolina Red Virginia in it!!! Just package the crap up on its own and sell us some!
I have to say C&D Carolina Red Flake is fantastic.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL

Just buy a bunch when it does not the shelves. You should be able to buy 50 tins without breaking a sweat.

troyniss

Can't Leave
Jul 8, 2018
Michigan
Skipped on this one. Have two tins from the last run that I still have yet to open. I can't justify buying more tins of something I haven't tried yet. Hopefully I won't fall in love with it, but even if I do whenever I open it and based on the dark fired, I'll stick to my well beloved Jack Knife Plug or MacBaren ODF. I figure those will hold me over.

CRF though, I bought 10 tins of the last run and also 10 tins of the CRF w/perique. Just finished a tin of the last batch.

stokesdale

Apr 17, 2020
Stokesdale
Just buy a bunch when it does not the shelves. You should be able to buy 50 tins without breaking a sweat.
It's not really a matter of buying a crap load of tins, it's a matter of simply having it around more often--I don't like to sit on tins for years. I usually buy 15 tins of CRF a year which last me about 1 year, but I would much prefer to just order some when I place my regular orders for other blends which is about 4 or 5 times a year. I understand the "small batch" concept and keeping it scarce on purpose (kind of like the McRib sandwich), but if they can put out multiple batches of other "small batch" blends, why not CRF as well? It makes no sense.

Reactions: Pipelady20

radrick96

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 4, 2020
Orlando, Florida
I’ve heard CD interlude was similar to CD CRF but I haven’t tried interlude. I do enjoy the CRF. I only purchased two tins as I am learning how long a tin lasts. One to smoke, one to cellar.

Figure I would repeat that with the Sansepolcro. One to open, one to cellar. Might need to buy more though as I am smoking my pipe twice daily.

grumpyoltroll

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 14, 2018
140 is a tobacco that I think I like more than I do. I reach for it every now and then and then about 1/2 through the bowl realize it is not as good as I thought it was. It is weird how this has happened more than once.

Status
Not open for further replies.