PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 1, 2012
As a Sasieni fan, I gotta say you scored OP. You've got a few that I've been sharking for over the last few years. Impressive, congratulations.

So, when does your pre-lawsuit one dot come through?

Reactions: cshubhra
Aug 1, 2012
Yes ... this is a 1925 patent.
That's odd as it has the later stamping. The arched "Specially Selected" wasn't introduced until much later as far as I am aware.

EDIT: It did occur before but I haven't seen any stamped like that or that...new. that's why I think it's an '80s reissue/reimagined one like the 10 dot. A good shot of the button and slot would end any doubt though.

Sadly they recycled some old stamps later in the production to try and bring back the magic.

Last edited:
Reactions: cshubhra
As per Pipe Phil - “Specially Selected” means it was selected by Joel Sasieni himself, and the earliest date given is 1919. Mine is of course much later since it has the 1925 patent

That's odd as it has the later stamping. The arched "Specially Selected" wasn't introduced until much later as far as I am aware.

EDIT: It did occur before but even it seen any stamped like that or that...new. that's why I think it's an '80s reissue/reimagined one like the 10 dot. A good shot of the button and slot would end any doubt though.

Sadly they recycled some old stamps later in the production to try and bring back the magic.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I think it way cool that the community prizes such humble objects as pipes. With the trained eye a new world. But one can become fascinated by anything, even the fungi growing in shoes. Though I would not deny them a home, I rather prefer pipes.

donjgiles

Lifer
Apr 14, 2018
18579770-orig.jpg

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Yo cshu - nice pix and story on your TEN. I have a few Sasienis, including a very recent, non-pedigreed one that actually is an excellent puffer. Those old Britwoods are favorites of mine, since they are often smaller, making for a right-sized smoke for me, and being well seasoned as well as having other attributes (engineering? - before the term was applied to pipe making) producing very tasty bowls. A favorite shop in the Lehigh Valley had a gorgeous Perfect TEN prince come in, and they let me know. We quickly agreed on a price, though at the time, I knew almost nothing about TENs.

hp
les

Status
Not open for further replies.