PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

erratum

Lurker
Jun 30, 2017
Fresh and fried, I can put down a lot of oysters, but I've never tried them smoked in a can.
When I was a kid, kipper snacks out of the tin & creamy oyster soup were staples.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Sardines, thin slice of raw onion & mustard on rye bread.

Ya'll can have my pickled herring.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Smoked baby oysters. Pop the tin open, drain liquid, cover with hot sauce. Let sit for five and grab a toothpick and crackers. Cold beer and off I go...

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Sardines, I'm not crazy about. Smoked oysters or kippered herring right out of the can are amazing. Oysters I like raw, fried, or on a po' boy as well.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Not much of a fish/seafood fan, so no sardines, oysters, etc for me. Haven't had them in decades but Rocky Mtn oysters are good.

autumnfog

Lifer
Jul 22, 2018
Sweden
I eat them out of the can and only the brand Kung Gustaf.
The sardines come neatly packed with tomato sauce, the fish has a golden hue and a great mellow taste.

A true swedish classic, if you ever visit buy some cans.

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
I occasionally would have Sardines in Tomato Sauce on toasted bread, got that from my parents, an English thing perhaps? I once commented on the trouble I was having finding them in tomato sauce to my mother who relayed this to a family friend who worked at Conners Brothers Seafood (Blacks Harbour N.B) and they promptly sent a case of them and another case of tins of everything they made. Awesome response I must say :worship:

Smoked oysters on saltines, usually around Christmas. I've also had them on pizza.... sounds disgusting but was delicious :crazy:
images

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
I gave the canned oysters a try. On saltines was good. Then saltines with a schemer of cream cheese and a squeeze of lemon was even better. Then added some hot sauce with the lemon and cream cheese. I picked up a few tins to add to my stash.
My six year old asked for anchovies on his pizza last night. Must be in the genes ?

Status
Not open for further replies.