Not open for further replies.

ghost45

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 16, 2010
FVF_02.jpg

dunendain

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 22, 2009
Since I am into Vapers, the next S.G. I order will be St. James Flake.

dunendain

Jul 22, 2009
Kendal Cream may hold a dear place in my heart. I want to wait until I have finished my tin.

sapo59

Can't Leave
Dec 29, 2009
I've got some more SG on the way. I Will keep you guys posted on what I get and how it is. Ghost must have got the last tin of FVF in the United States, cause I can't find it anywhere.

ghost45

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 16, 2010
Bob that is music to my ears! I could kiss you right now! That would be F****** amazing if it really is a double shipment!

dunendain

Jul 22, 2009
I need to go into LA. To one of the larger shops to see what they have. The local B&M is out as well. If I see Balkan Flake, I will grab it.

ghost45

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 16, 2010
Sapo I wish I had that Tin of FVF. That is just a pic I found on google. I am down to last of my FVF. I have about 5 bowls worth left.

ghost45

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 16, 2010
Ya it sucks but it has been Kinda of a nice treat though. The last of my FVF has been aged about 4 months.

rs422

Lurker
Mar 2, 2010
Mick,

http://www.pipetobaccotls.com/contact.html

Try out Byron on SG.

He shows some tins still left and some 250gm bags left.

Good guy to deal with.

ghost45

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 16, 2010
well it is april lets hope that big shipment of Samuel Gawith tobacco will be here soon.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Ghost, pipesandcigars.com has Samuel Gawith bulk in stock. It looks like the tins are going to be quite awhile longer before they are available.
You better grab some of the SG Bulk while it is still available.
http://pipesandcigars.com/sagabuto.html

jonesing

Feb 11, 2010
I was talking to Rich at 4Noggins today. He said he ordered $18K of SG. The distributor charged his card and then sent him an email that said they weren't able to fill his order.
He's seeing similar problems with other Euro blends. He said he doesn't have all the info but believes that people are really hording and Smokingpipes.com ends up with a huge share of the supply, then P&C and then guys like him.
He is able to get G&H. Sometimes a but sketchy. But he's out of Bob;s Chocolate Flake and will have it next week. So some supply.
On the plus side he said business is great. He will be discontinuing RYO when PACT goes into effect. Currently about 15% of his biz. But all things considered the pipe business is great.
We also discussed Pipesmagazine.com and I let him know his ads here had impact.

jonesing

Feb 11, 2010
I thought I psoted this before. Must have not submitted. If I did post it in the wrong thread somewhere kindly delete.
Anyway....I was talking to Rich at 4Noggins today and I was razzing him by asking about SG. He has a note on his website asking people not to ask becasue he's been getting at least a dozen calls a day just looking for SG. He has none.
He said he bought $18K of this most recent supply. The distributor charged his card and then said they had nothing for him. Rich believes that with so much hording gong on the supply isn't enough to go around and smokingpipes.com gets all they want before others are given any. Likely Pipes and Cigars next and then the littler guys like Rich.
He said it used to be that they would take everyone's order then when the supply was received they'd dole it out sort of pro rata. He wasn't really complaining, although he was rightfully displeased that the distributor took his money and then backed out.
On the bright side he said business is great. He will be ceasing RYO sales with PACT and that accounts for about 15% of his business. But the pipe side is booming.
He said he is able to get most G&H. I was placing an order and saw they were out of Bob's Chocolate Flake. But he said he's getting some next week.
We also talked about pipesmagazine.com and I let him know his ad was noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.