PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonesing

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 11, 2010
I thought I posted this before. Must have not submitted. If I did post it in the wrong thread somewhere kindly delete.
Anyway....I was talking to Rich at 4Noggins today and I was razzing him by asking about SG. He has a note on his website asking people not to ask becasue he's been getting at least a dozen calls a day just looking for SG. He has none.
He said he bought $18K of this most recent supply. The distributor charged his card and then said they had nothing for him. Rich believes that with so much hording gong on the supply isn't enough to go around and smokingpipes.com gets all they want before others are given any. Likely Pipes and Cigars next and then the littler guys like Rich.
He said it used to be that they would take everyone's order then when the supply was received they'd dole it out sort of pro rata. He wasn't really complaining, although he was rightfully displeased that the distributor took his money and then backed out.
On the bright side he said business is great. He will be ceasing RYO sales with PACT and that accounts for about 15% of his business. But the pipe side is booming.
He said he is able to get most G&H. I was placing an order and saw they were out of Bob's Chocolate Flake. But he said he's getting some next week.
We also talked about pipesmagazine.com and I let him know his ad was noticed.

jonesing

Feb 11, 2010
I thought I psoted this before. Must have not submitted. If I did post it in the wrong thread somewhere kindly delete. (figured out it was spam filter)
Anyway....I was talking to Rich at 4 Noggins today and I was razzing him by asking about SG. He has a note on his website asking people not to ask because he's been getting at least a dozen calls a day just looking for SG. He has none.
He said he bought $18K of this most recent supply. The distributor charged his card and then said they had nothing for him. Rich believes that with so much hording gong on the supply isn't enough to go around and smokingpipes(dot)com gets all they want before others are given any. Likely Pipes and Cigars next and then the littler guys like Rich.
He said it used to be that they would take everyone's order then when the supply was received they'd dole it out sort of pro rata. He wasn't really complaining, although he was rightfully displeased that the distributor took his money and then backed out.
On the bright side he said business is great. He will be ceasing RYO sales with PACT and that accounts for about 15% of his business. But the pipe side is booming.
He said he is able to get most G&H. I was placing an order and saw they were out of Bob's Chocolate Flake. But he said he's getting some next week.
We also talked about pipesmagazine (dot)com and I let him know his ad was noticed.

dunendain

Jul 22, 2009
I don't know why, but the S.G. blends have disappeared in the local B&Ms, and when I placed an order online, they had none in stock. Just when I had gotten the guts to try XXX Rope. I would like like to try St. James as well. I have never tried a S.G. Va/Per.

Status
Not open for further replies.