Samuel Gawith Limited Editions At Burners Cigar Co.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Hello Pipers!

I just wanted to share that I found Samuel Gawith Limited Editions 2013, 2014, 2015 at Burners Cigar Co.

I just ordered a tin of the 2013, I’ll post a picture when it arrives!

I placed an order with them in the past, it went smoothly, this is my second order with them.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I received it today, there’s no seal, Tobacco is in a sealed up plastic is all.

Pressing gently on the bag, it does feel crispy... LOL

But the smell is really awesome!

I’ll just toss it in a ziplock baggie with a slightly damp paper towel, dampened in drinking water to bring back some moisture.

5F7CCD82-3CC7-4016-B35A-73FE07D90654.jpeg

992D7AF0-D4AC-4E79-A182-163252F32B4B.jpeg

9A8BA691-3058-4185-A38F-574E7E1EF131.jpeg

Last edited:

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Well it took 4 days in the ziplock, periodically shaking it around, rehydrating over the paper towel several times, but now it’s done.

The tobacco has nice moisture, not to dry or moist, and all sealed up now in a jar.

The adventure is over, time to smoke a bowl, and tell next how that turns out.

515E4AFE-72AF-4EE3-BDF2-67E2C20A25C5.jpeg

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Well I finally got around to packing a bowl.

I’ve only started on the first few lights, but there’s a bitter edge to this, more like drinking straight black coffee, with a little of that after taste.

By @jiminks review, this sounds like something more on a sweet Aromatic side, not VaPer Stout Black coffee.

So I assume the 7 years drying out, in a tin without being sealed killed this.

After around the 7th light, it started to sweeten up slightly, but I assumed from the start this is suppose to be mild and sweeter.

I guess if a Stout Black Coffee is your thing, you might like this... LOL...

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Sucks that it didn't live up to expectations.

I’m sure that had to do with a tin that is not sealed, letting the tobacco dry out for 7 years.

The only fault on Gawith’s part would not be the Tobacco, but not making a vacuum sealed tin for it.

Oh well, smoking some SWR in the cob to clean it out and start a bowl next of Gawith’s Squadron Leader... :)

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
I’m sure that had to do with a tin that is not sealed, letting the tobacco dry out for 7 years.

The only fault on Gawith’s part would not be the Tobacco, but not making a vacuum sealed tin for it.

Oh well, smoking some SWR in the cob to clean it out and start a bowl next of Gawith’s Squadron Leader... :)
Can't go wrong there.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Later on as I smoked a little bit more, it was really bad and bitter, so it was tossed out, I made a post about that here.

Because I wasn’t sure if I was having Cob issues.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Well I finally got around to packing a bowl.

I’ve only started on the first few lights, but there’s a bitter edge to this, more like drinking straight black coffee, with a little of that after taste.

By @jiminks review, this sounds like something more on a sweet Aromatic side, not VaPer Stout Black coffee.

So I assume the 7 years drying out, in a tin without being sealed killed this.

After around the 7th light, it started to sweeten up slightly, but I assumed from the start this is suppose to be mild and sweeter.

I guess if a Stout Black Coffee is your thing, you might like this... LOL...
I don't like rehydrating I find it changes the taste more then being bone dry does. Dry mutes but rehydrating changes the profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.