PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Look at these beautifully delicious flakes....
tJ4sACo.jpg

Note* All of my 1792 Flake is from their boxes, I buy it and cut the flakes in half to fit into squat jars. This is a bit I’m drying out from early 2016 (it ages wonderfully btw). I’ve fulfilled my cellar with a lifetime supply so none of y’all will have to compete with me when it does resurface.
Did you check the production date of the tin? 1792 age very well and 22 $ could be a bargain if it has 4 or 5 years on it.

Few months ago I scored 5 yo old tin of Escudo at a B&M so it can happen.

That’s a great point... you’ll just have to learn how to decipher their date code, it’s pretty easy and a lot of info on it online.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
If you live in the States, PM me and I’ll send you a couple of flakes at no cost.
Edit* Ya beat me to it, Embers. Good man, I’m sending some off to a buddy on another forum so I’ll let you take this one.

64alex

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2016
[I'm apprehensive is the strength and nicotine

if it is on pair or stronger with Peterson Irish Flake I shall skip this]
If it is too strong you can mix with something else low nic. This is what I do sometime with this and with the GH ropes if I don't want an easier smoke.

Reactions: artvandelay007

64alex

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2016
if I don't want an easier smoke] Sorry, I meant I want an easier smoke

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Read some reviews and the description on various online sites to round out your concept of what 1792 is. Since you're bothering to ask, I suspect it's worth the $22 to find out. If you don't like it, probably you should jar it and try it a year or two later. Several blends have been a turn-off, then blossomed for me on a second try. I think 1792 is one of their blends that could linger in a pipe, so you might want to designate a cob or another pipe, in case you don't like it, and save the pipe for a second try in the future. I've never tried it, but I sent a tin to a long-experienced piping friend, along with some other tins, and he thanked me warmly for the other tins. 1792 is polarizing. People like it a lot, or don't like it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.