PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Oh my gosh! 😢

I certainly did not know him personally, but I have certainly been reading all the things he’s been saying around here for the past two years.

I remember how he was going on about just hitting his 20,000th post, and I replied to it.

I also remember reading about him explaining why he had the Yes Avatar for his name, how he explained he lived on the Edge.

I’m really sorry @hoosierpipeguy for your friend. :(

He was to me, a special part of this place, that I felt connected to, him included. ❤️

I think it’s only fitting to pay Tribute to the man with the Band! ❤️

C277253E-3D52-4DDB-9618-14338A3F80C7.jpeg

Not to make this about me, but one thing I wish I now shared with Harris, is that I saw Yes around 1976 on the Roundabout Tour, which always made me feel this connection with Harris’ and his avatar. ❤️

Cherish the moments and share with others! ❤️

Be well everyone and I seriously mean it! ❤️

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Harris had a lot of friends that never even met him irl. That speaks to the power of the pipe, and clearly illustrates the best aspect of the internet.
In the end the most important and impactful possession we can own is the knowledge that we've made a difference in the lives of others. Clearly, Harris was a wealthy man.
Requiescat en pace.

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
That's a damn shame. So sorry, Mark, and condolences to his family. Harris was one of those larger-than-life personalities on this forum, and I always enjoyed reading his posts, even (or maybe especially) when I didn't agree with him. He seemed on this forum to be a great guy, and his presence will definitely be missed. Our little corner of the internet will be substantially less colorful without him. RIP Harris.