PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
The service was this afternoon. I would like to pass along, the words by all of you here meant a great deal to the family. Yes, they read this thread, every post, every word.

I was asked to say a few words and said more than a few. One of the more difficult things I've had to do. I closed by reading Harris's sig tag from here and the prayer offered by @kanaia (thank you for that).

I'm sadly reminded of how little control we have and how suddenly we or loved one can be gone. Live each moment to the fullest, love your family and friends as they are the only thing that really matters in this world.

Farewell Harris. You cut a huge swath along the way, cause millions of laughs and left countless memories. I will miss you and always remember you. You were the definitive one of a kind.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Great idea to pass along this thread to people at the service. It gives them a feel of how far and wide Harris was known and appreciated. People don't always realize that, and it is hard to convey without tributes and testimonials like this. Not many people find their way to Legacy and similar sites to leave a message for the family, whereas, this rather expansive tribute was readymade. Very smart and generous move.

Law

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 1, 2020
Saudi Arabia
The last interaction I had with him was something I posted a while back about tobacco legislation and why can’t it be similar to cigars. I remember vividly he had a strong opinion on it, and he made his own post on what are others opinions on it the next day! He was passionate about the hobby. I have seen him every now and then giving his opinions on different subjects, which now will be sorely missed. Passing in your sleep is considered a blessing. May he rest in peace.

beargreasediet

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 23, 2021
Too close to Seattle.
I've not spent enough time here to know the man in any sense, even so I was truly stunned when I read that he'd passed - larger than life alright, that much was obvious. However the outpouring of love and support from his friends and admirers is touching, it gives me a greater appreciation for the folks on this forum. Fair winds and following seas Harris. Peace and grace to his family and those of you who were close.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
I am so sorry to hear that. He was one of the stalwarts of this forum since I joined, and I’m sure since well before that. He was “opinionated” in the best sense of the word, and the forum will be the lesser for his loss.

I have an open tin of some 2013 Capstan Blue, a blend and vintage I often saw him commenting on. I’ll smoke a bowl of it in his memory soon.

My condolences to his friends and family.

lightxmyfire

Can't Leave
Jun 17, 2019
DMV Area
This is sad news indeed. I just found out about it today. Being relatively new on the forum I didn't have a lot of interactions with Harris, but in the few I did he was very insightful and helpful. I also enjoyed reading his posts and seeing his passion for pipes and tobacco. My feelings go out to his family and close friends. R.I.P