Status
Not open for further replies.

drrock

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2011
Minnesota
I love rum.

I love tobacco.

What recommendations are there for a perfect marriage of the two?

GH Jamaican flake is the only rum topped I’ve tried and it leaves me fairly cold.

Any help gratefully received.

My personal favorites:
G&H Rum Flake, Fribourg & Treyer Special Brown Flake, Milan Tobacconists Sunset Rum & a seldom mentioned rum blend that I think is terrific - Decatur Dark Sweet Rum

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I have a few alleged rum soaked blends but I taste a sweetness and never rum. I have Navigator since it was released, in 2012. I ordered 35 tins and recently cracked a couple over the past year. The Kentucky smoothed out nicely and the virginia's sweetened up nicely. It is a really good blend if you have the patience. I am real glad I bought them and aged them.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I enjoyed some Queen Anne's Revenge (Sutliff). It's named after Edward Teach's (Blackbeard's) flagship that was scuttled at the North Carolina coast probably intentionally by the pirate himself. I don't have it on hand, but enjoyed it for quite a while several years ago.

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
I have a few alleged rum soaked blends but I taste a sweetness and never rum. I have Navigator since it was released, in 2012. I ordered 35 tins and recently cracked a couple over the past year. The Kentucky smoothed out nicely and the virginia's sweetened up nicely. It is a really good blend if you have the patience. I am real glad I bought them and aged them.
Navigator is fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.