PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Pink

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 12, 2020
Chicago IL
It does have a Good nic hit for a pure Virginia.No bite for me. One of the strongest straight va's you can buy. RY is in my daily rotation. RY has a strong plum topping. I would not recommend it for beginners, going to be hard to appreciate this blend. I cellar it. I don't like to give up my secrets, but Paddington is better and has a less pronounced topping than RY. I Love both.

Cotton1

Can't Leave
Nov 3, 2020
South Carolina
I'm having a small bowl just now. Using a small cobb that is almost new.
This bowl is smooth and I like it. Just a little bit creamy but mostly quiet tobacco... good to me!
I'm not getting any of the topping this time nor the waxy taste so I will assume those go hand in hand.

A few relights but nothing out of the way like last time. If every bowl is like this one I will be a fan. I want to let it age but also want to keep trying it..hard to do with only one tin!

Reactions: kurtbob

dcicero

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 23, 2019
Michigan
I have just received my first tin. I have not had time to try it and it may be a few days.
I consider myself a aero smoker but love some Lat on occasion. I like Maltese Falcon and Billy Budd to satisfy my cravings here.
I have read that the RY has a lot of Nicotine.

How does it compare to MF both nic wise and flavor profile?

TIA,
Cotton1
I have a little stockpile of RY. I think it has a plum topping, could be wrong. I enjoy it. Easy, cool smoke, burns very nicely to ash for me.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
A perfectly pleasant blend, and not a nic killer. If you are sensitive, don't smoke it, or test it carefully in a partial or small bowl. I got all excited about its power, but found it had good flavor and smoked the tin before it ever got jarred.

DAR

Can't Leave
Aug 2, 2020
Tiburon, California
I mean, occasionally. He's got a couple dozen reviews up there, at least. :LOL:

........ more like a couple dozen per hour from what I've seen. There are very few tobacco reviews on tobacco reviews.com where you won't get that, "there are grassy notes, with hints of citrus and leather along with a hit of clipped rose pedals". To me it's hilarious. :ROFLMAO:

garageboy

Might Stick Around
Jul 15, 2019
Royal Yacht definitely tastes like virginia topped with british plum perfume

It is to a va/per what egg cream is to a milkshake (a cheap facsimile that's interesting in its own right)

biodarwin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 11, 2019
Indy
I think it tastes fine(just opened my first tin), but not if you like pure Virginias. I like Royal Yacht like I like Tilbury. It's not what I am used to, it's kinda one-note, but that one-note is nice from time to time.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

Cotton1

Can't Leave
Nov 3, 2020
South Carolina
I'm revisiting now in my new Brigham 225 that I got for Christmas. I'm enjoying this bowl and am of mind that age could be a good thing for this blend.

Mine is pretty fresh and still kinda one flavor but I think that is a signature of RY?

I'm getting a nice spice/slight pepper on relights. I am enjoying this at the moment. Maybe I should buy a few tins and jar them and give them some extended time.

Status
Not open for further replies.