PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

towhee89

Might Stick Around
Sep 28, 2021
Morganton, North Carolina
Very interesting thread. I actually enjoy Ohm Turkish Yellow in a pipe and ryo, not that I would take it over my PA and CH and 5 bros but it is good. I like it better than the red.

I've tried quite a few bagged Tobacco's and my favorite are the D&R but I do prefer them as ryo. I'm curious to try Buoy Yellow, sounds really nice. I ordered my gf more of the Windsail Platinum as she has switched from Winston White 100s. I think it's gonna be a shag cut now which I don't prefer for ryo, but it's fda regulations at work there. I'm not sure if D&R quality changed when they were bought out by itc but it seems so. I really want to try Two Timer as a pipe tobacco. A lot of them just are fairly harsh in a pipe and burn fast but they come dry so you get more. I am sad I didn't get to try their Ramback turkish, or picayune.

The ohm yellow is surprisingly good with the Turkish spice. There is something with the smell that makes me think bagged cig tobacco, but it's good. Of course Prince Albert and Carter Hall and 5 Bros are my main pipe smokes, but I want to obtain the Buoy. Seems it isn't as common in stores here as others.

Reactions: Friendly Piper
Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Yes

Bug Tussle, MO isn’t to be found on any map other than the conjectures of a certain lawyer from California, MO. And I emphasize the word California. It is found in a few other states, but not Missouri.

However, Blue Eye, MO is a real place. It is not far from Dogpatch USA and Silver Dollar City. My mother is buried in the Blue Eye Cemetery. The Yokums live a few miles up the road. Sadie Hawkins came from this area and so did all her kin.

Jim Baker of Jim and Tammy Faye fame lives and still broadcasts from his studios in Blue Eye. He is selling Jesus and dry food meals that can be reconstituted with boiling water. There is nothing to make up when it comes to Blue Eye. When i worked with the folks at the Missouri State Education Department, they would always ask, “What will the folks in Blue Eye think about this regulation?”

So if we are going to nuke some place, lets nuke Bug Tussel, MO. No one will het hurt and the only wound will be to the imaginary pride of no one who really lives there, unlike Blue Eye which has all the qualities and spirit of Bug Tussel and actually exists.

The folks there are real and the name of their city can be found on their tax records. There is no need to create any hyperbole about their lives to make a point about the Will Ole the Wisp that haunts the cobwebs that hang over the dry rotted door that shuts out the light from an old hurricane lamp that was turned off years ago.
A true Pogo fan.

With the Blue Eye and Pogo references, I couldn’t resist sharing this:

20240905_215515.jpg

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
In this country, as free and open as it has been designed to be, unfaithful traitors who will betray their native land are too many, and their access to the top levels of our nation’s security too easy.

I’ve always thought that top level security clearances should depend on a full knowledge of every song in Stonewall Jackson’s 1968 album The Great Old Songs

There once was a schoolhouse and church at a place first called Sexton, later Hamlet, and finally Bug Tussle.

And North Carolina bright leaf sold at the store, in little cloth bags.

Those that call Bug Tussle home, are always there in spirit.

The boy can leave Bug Tussle, but it never leaves him.

towhee89

Might Stick Around
Sep 28, 2021
Morganton, North Carolina
Now this is a fantastic bagged tobacco. I had some in 2021 but it wasn't as good as this. Pure Virginia gold leaf goodness. A little harder to load in a pipe because it's a very long ribbon but of course can be adjusted. It has no ryo grape juice smelling casing like some of the ohm does, this is just straight tobacco smelling. Burns fast but I may use it as a mixer. I got it for my gf to ryo and I use it for that as well as I got back to smoking American Spirits there for a brief period and couldn't afford it.

Windy City Cigars who actually is owned by itc, who owns and makes d&r now, said the fda was making bagged tobacco be shag cut now. Thankfully this is not, it is a very long ribbon and I'm very happy about that even tho it's longer than I prefer for the pipe. I've had Three Sails also and that is a shag. Was basically a modern Three Castles from what I read and sadly never got to try. But this is some very high quality baccy, this is more what I expect from this company.

Attachments

• 20240906_141004.jpg
    20240906_141004.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240906_140930.jpg
    20240906_140930.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 4