PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

drpipe

Lurker
Mar 12, 2012
Iran
hi my freinds,, when I looking in some internet sites, I saw small metal sheet.round withpehaps 20mm diagonal, that's name(I think) 'sleve metal filter'!!what is it? thank you for every information about it.
Edit: Capitalized title, L.

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
Are you referring to a stinger?

Does it look something like this?

kaywoodie.jpg

If so, read this thread - Stinger or Not to Stinger...

drpipe

Lurker
Mar 12, 2012
Iran
thank philip, No,I know and compatible with some type of stinger,it is a mesh(work)and round(disk form)of cheap metal, I think it exposure in bottom of bowl.

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
I tried them in the early 70's... just because I was getting anything 'pipe' related. But I don't care for a

basket in my pipes. May be useful for a large bowl pipe with a large draft, to keep a small cut tobacco off

your tongue.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
As mentioned in the linked thread, they are also commonly used in another type of pipe that we don't normally discuss on this site.

joshwolftree

Part of the Furniture Now
yeah they are not really necessary for tobacco pipes...Also I can't find a pic right now...but my ex, in trying to be supportive of me giving up cigarettes for the pipe, also got me a few pipe jacks? I'm not sure of the actual name, but they look like small jacks,the old game type, not the car lifting type. Don't use those either but their basically to a screen what a stinger is to a filter

Status
Not open for further replies.