PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

NomadOrb

(Nomadorb)
Feb 20, 2020
SoCal
Both for sure, but in keeping with the spirit of the question, I don't think I could go without my morning pipe.

SoddenJack

Can't Leave
Apr 19, 2020
West Texas
Night. It’s generally my ritual now born out of necessity. I don’t smoke in front of my two young children so I had to wait for them to go to bed (40% my decision, 70% my wife). I enjoy having a pipe before bed. My own contemplative quiet down time to look forward to at the end of a day. Only real downside is I’m often just too tired and head straight to bed, then have to get through an entire day just to enjoy a smoke session.

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
Night. It’s generally my ritual now born out of necessity. I don’t smoke in front of my two young children so I had to wait for them to go to bed (40% my decision, 70% my wife). I enjoy having a pipe before bed. My own contemplative quiet down time to look forward to at the end of a day. Only real downside is I’m often just too tired and head straight to bed, then have to get through an entire day just to enjoy a smoke session.

You overdecided that :)
I totally get you, I see it as a bit of a luxury, I too feel eager to reach the time where everything's finally quiet and I can light up.

Reactions: SoddenJack

johng99

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2020
Lake Havasu City
A bowl in the morning with coffee, a bowl in the afternoon, and a bowl in the evening. All of this is weather permitting as I smoke outside and it gets mighty hot here in the desert during the summer.

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
Well alrighty, righty then...

Good job gentleman and lady, Latest tally is as follows:

We have a meager total of 7 Roosters.

There are now 19 Nite Owls.

Our newest category, “Both” has 9.

We have 1 Zombie and a newly appointed Minister of Finance, SoddenJack, who shall take over my duties as official tally keeper... 70 / 40. “There are 3 kinds of people in this world: Those that can count and those that can’t,” I’m certain that you’ll discharge your new duties with honor.

Not to sound like a statistician, gentlemen, but a man with his feet in the oven and his head in the freezer is, on the average, quite comfortable. I feel we can do better.

ChasingEmbers appears able to tamp a 3.5 ounce tin into each bowl. Strong work, Sir. No wonder you no sleepy.

Warren, if I wasn’t my own hero, you’d be assuredly, it.. At birth, I have a feeling that you slapped your Doctor.

C’mon Roosters! Represent.

maxpeters

Can't Leave
Jan 4, 2010
I start pretty early most of the time. I've concocted my own blend, and call it 8AM. It consists of 1oz. Peter Stokkeby's 315 Black Coffee, mixed with 2 oz. Boswell's Pipers Pleasure. Most of my smoking though is in the evening when I move towards the English blends.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grangerous

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
“Both” is now officially a category.

Ok now I’m lost... LOL

First, it started out you get one choice, now you can have both, but now between only one or both, how are you going to choose....

Of course I like to smoke, so all the time, but, if I had to choose, it would be evening.

Zen says, to make no choice, is to make a choice. ?

Ahhhh... LOL

My head is spinning... ?

Why did Abbott and Costello’s, ‘Who’s On First’, just come to mind? LOL :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reactions: Grangerous
Status
Not open for further replies.