Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
I thought being the piano player in the local whorehouse would’ve been a lifelong career, I never imagined the problems....

trouttimes

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
Lake Martin, AL
they work hard. Have you ever begged wealthy people to give you their money? It's the rest of their job they slack on.
I live near Aspen. I do it all the time for one cause or the other. Not hard at all if they are really rich. If they think they are going to get a tax break or some other perk then game on. Get one and others don’t want to be left out. Can let your neighbor think you are poor! ??

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I live near Aspen. I do it all the time for one cause or the other. Not hard at all if they are really rich. If they think they are going to get a tax break or some other perk then game on. Get one and others don’t want to be left out. Can let your neighbor think you are poor! ??
I know we're not supposed to talk about these things but personally I find it disgusting how much of their resources like time and staff go to begging people for money. Shows how little priority us and our lives are in general to the lot of ghoulies.

Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
Or, leave the romance to your avocations and get the skills/education to get a paycheck. Nothing like houses and several children to feed, clothe, and educate to get one’s priorities straight.

Reactions: JOHN72

Merton

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
I have often thought that it might be interesting, challenging and memorable to spend a week or so out in the Bering sea on one of the King crab vessels. Too old now, I suppose. But, I have a job that I love which is also challenging although not especially romantic and a couple times a year I get death threats...so there's that..

Reactions: LotusEater

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
I work in a ‘retail’ position (building/renovation/hardware supply store) and have recently been contemplating working at the local abattoir, mainly for the alternate hours and to escape from dealing directly with people/customers.
That’s how much I think of retail/customer service at the moment..
I’ve always wondered about stone masonry, firefighting, and lately tree lopping..

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
French Foreign Legion. I think they still take fake ID. I heard being a waiter in France is actually a career choice. You can also be a wine taster, or tobacco sampler. Tea buyer seems to be an exciting yet non-lethal career, just have to be good at aiming your spit.

• Haha