PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2012
Who knows, even if these blends aren't the same, they may even be better than the originals. Recall that Klondike Gold was Reiner Will's interpretation of Dunhill Flake, and in my view it was much better than Dunhill Flake. Fingers Crossed.

bottils

Lurker
Jul 15, 2018
Seems like somewere between match blends and replicas? IDK. The proof will probably be, yet again, in the pudding as they say.
Will give a few of them a try, though I must say the tin art is a step down from the originals.

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
"Who knows, even if these blends aren't the same, they may even be better than the originals. Recall that Klondike Gold was Reiner Will's interpretation of Dunhill Flake, and in my view it was much better than Dunhill Flake. Fingers Crossed."
Wasn't that whole Brigham Legends series essentially a Dunhill-esque offering, with a very Nightcappish heavy lat/per blend, and a va/per etc all done very much in the Murray's sort of tradition?
I don't prefer Klondike to the recent Dunhill Flake, but it certainly was good.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I can’t wait until they start copying the Standard Tobacco blends.
“Robert Rayon’s No. 7”

“Armed Conflict Mule”

“Beagle Slices”

erhardt85

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2017
I'm not getting my hopes up. Even if they come to the American market, Im guessing they'll be somewhat hard to stock up on. That's ok though. Better than nothing. Waiting to hear some official news.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I didn't find Dunhill blends of the past few years to be much like my first few years with them. Not that I didn't find a favorite or two in the mix. Some blends went south, some improved. Changes in leaf properties possibly. I suspect most of the change was attributable to my palate or, lack there of.
One tin of BB1938 and that's the last of Dunhill blends for me.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
I doubt that those blends will reach the US. They would have to either prove that the blends are substantially equivalent to the current Dunhill offerings, or submit them for testing for the FDA. The cost to do that for all those blends would be ridiculous. Besides that, if Rattray's is any indication, they may not be able to meet demand.
Russ

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
"Night Club" :crying: :rofl: What an anti-climactic end for the highly-respected granddaddy of latakia bombs!

May 4, 2015
Feller on another forum has a "source" that is telling him that these new Robert McConnell heritage Dunhill... things.. are actually being manufactured by STG and then sent to K&K.
Anyone have any info on this? If it were the case, then deeming shouldn't be an issue. Sounds like wishful thinking and it's the first I've heard of it.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
We don't sell Duff here....
Hi, Tom!
jay-roger.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.