PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Well, I actually did just that AND now I'm not allowed within 1,000 feet of schools. So there's that.
Maybe you should try wearing the costume next time.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
The skill was in the expressive "body language", to be sure. Myself, I don't think just anyone could do it as well as he did. That doesn't mean no one else in the world could have done as well, but I know why they didn't just grab some (tall) junkie off the median for the role.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Fair thee well, my brother, Peter Mayhew. I am not a fan of Star Wars, I’ve never even finished a Star Wars movie from beginning to end, just not my thing, at all but I can still offer my condolences and best wishes for his family and friends that he left behind. It sounds like he was a pretty good man. Maybe he’ll be a Chewbacca in his next life, who knows?

autumnfog

Lifer
Jul 22, 2018
Sweden
RIP!
Growing up in the 80ies Star Wars was part of my childhood.

I consider the original three movies the best.
There is something about movies made in the 70ies and 80ies,

they look more genuine, more natural, while movies of today tend to look like streamlined

productions, plastic and artificial.

So I don't feel the same about the new Star Wars stuff.

Maybe it's childhood nostalgia speaking but I don't think CGI and all that benefits a movie.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
CGI used right can work magic in a movie CGI over done can totally ruin it. It’s just like anything really, you can have too much of a good thing. I grew up in the Star Wars craze, everyone seemed to be obsessed with it but I just thought it was boring. Not too big on that kind of sci-fi but I love movies like Ex Machina or Black Mirror.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I don't think CGI and all that benefits a movie
Boy is that the truth. I openly avoid all the "superhero" and "comic book" movies, nit because the storylines are crap, they are, but because the CGI is too overwhelming.

autumnfog

Lifer
Jul 22, 2018
Sweden
hawky454,
I guess you're right, sometimes CGI can be useful. If done sparsely.

Forrest Gump is one example.

What I don't like is when CGI is over-used, when a movie rely on special effects on the cost of acting and manuscript.
asdigger,
Yeah I avoid that genre too.

I don't want to see a movie that looks like a computer game.

And the manuscript in those movies, the dialogue... don't even get me started.

Status
Not open for further replies.