PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Worknman

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 23, 2019
I think I found one of the best reviews so far, courtesy of the latest sun bear drop.

叫CJX那个,还有那个叫张伟的,你真的多余在美站买东西。这么粉红就不要边吃边骂,赶紧退坑抽土烟吧,捎带着给手机电脑都砸了,不要用带有美国技术的产品……这low人,拿这里当微博了么,太搞笑了。这里是个购物网站,评论本应该是评价商品的优劣,说你妹妹个腿的政治...

Translation:
The one named CJX, and the one named Zhang Wei, you really need to buy things on the US station. If you are so pink, don’t scold you while you eat, hurry up and smoke cigarettes, and smash your phone and computer with it. Don’t use products with American technology... This lowly person, take this place as a Weibo, it’s too funny . This is a shopping website, and the comments should be about the pros and cons of the products, and the politics of your sister's legs...

Dec 11, 2021
Fort Collins, CO
I think I found one of the best reviews so far, courtesy of the latest sun bear drop.

叫CJX那个,还有那个叫张伟的,你真的多余在美站买东西。这么粉红就不要边吃边骂,赶紧退坑抽土烟吧,捎带着给手机电脑都砸了,不要用带有美国技术的产品……这low人,拿这里当微博了么,太搞笑了。这里是个购物网站,评论本应该是评价商品的优劣,说你妹妹个腿的政治...

Translation:
The one named CJX, and the one named Zhang Wei, you really need to buy things on the US station. If you are so pink, don’t scold you while you eat, hurry up and smoke cigarettes, and smash your phone and computer with it. Don’t use products with American technology... This lowly person, take this place as a Weibo, it’s too funny . This is a shopping website, and the comments should be about the pros and cons of the products, and the politics of your sister's legs...
Clearly this person was having issues with the server crashing. Hopped on a sister’s legs website instead.

• Haha
Reactions: JOHN72

justscience

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 5, 2013
Upper Midwestern USA
I prefer the "if you like x, then try y" indirect reviews. I have no clues on the precision flavors specified by some reviewers, whether of tobacco, wine or chocolate. "Eastern Sicilian late season woodruff blossom notes" just makes me want to slap him.

• Haha
Reactions: sardonicus87

Mr_houston

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2020
Texas
I prefer the "if you like x, then try y" indirect reviews.

I read TR often and before most any tobacco purchase.

I read @JimInks for a detailed take on individual components. Esp. Which VAs are used, what their characteristics are like, and which ones dominate. “Includes Virginia” is just not helpful to me.

I read others to see X tastes a lot like Y, which is very helpful. Also, I want peoples’ take on toppings, which varies a lot.

Lastly, I sort reviews newest first to see if the blends have changed much and/or are still great.

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
I like looking at the reviews of any Balkan blend. "This is a poor man's Penzance!" on every other one. Man, they can't ALL taste like Penzance. And I've had some blends that taste absolutely nothing like each other yet both were called a "poor man's Penzance". That math doesn't compute.

Everyone's tastes are different though, I take most reviews that aren't done by JimInks with a grain of salt... a very LARGE grain of salt. That's if I even bother looking at reviews to begin with.

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
I’d rather reviews be more comparative in general.
IE. If you like X but want a lil more kick try Y and if a bit milder maybe Z
bla bla bla.
Matches 860‘s Macbarren Burley Flake review was like that , allowing Mac to be its own animal but comparing like 3 other favorite Burley’s and where it sat in a mix of flavor profiles…

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
I like looking at the reviews of any Balkan blend. "This is a poor man's Penzance!" on every other one. Man, they can't ALL taste like Penzance. And I've had some blends that taste absolutely nothing like each other yet both were called a "poor man's Penzance". That math doesn't compute.

Everyone's tastes are different though, I take most reviews that aren't done by JimInks with a grain of salt... a very LARGE grain of salt. That's if I even bother looking at reviews to begin with.
I just saw in two places the poor man’s penzance on SP for English #1 feel one reviewer was quoting the other a few reviews down in agreement but I certainly have seen plenty of penzance comparisons to blends that have completely different flavor profiles. That’s one I wouldn’t mind trying to see what all the hubbub is about for sure…

Reactions: sardonicus87

coys

Can't Leave
Feb 15, 2022
Missouri
I think alot of newbies rely on reviews when deciding what to buy. Theres literally thousands of different blends to choose from and they don't have much else to go on.

Of course I'm sure they can differentiate bogus reviews from real ones but still...
Yeah, I do read them. I rely on tobaccoreviews much more, but I glance at them on SP.