Recent Posts

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Preferred Member
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
So in a few weeks my buddy and fellow pipe smoker, Jeff, and I are going to hike part of the Appalachian Trail. We are going to start at Mt. Lacont and hike to Cade's Cove, about 42 miles. I will take a few pipes, but I bought this GBD Tapestry specifically for the hike. It was pretty beat, oxidized stem, the rim looked melted and there was a good deal of old cake, but as you can see, it has been reamed, cleaned, rewaxed, and buffed. I sanded down the rim to make it even again. Should be a nice little smoker, only cost me $20. I had been wanting a tapestry for awhile and couldn't be happier with this one.

Rim still has some dings, but I'm making this classic my outdoor beater.

rhogg

Jun 14, 2011
So are you going to smoke while you hike or enjoy a pipe at the end of the day? Nice work by the way.

shaintiques

Preferred Member
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I will probably do both, hike and smoke, and at the end of the day. I just smoked a bowl and it smoked great, nice and light for clenching with a perfect effortless draw. I'm very pleased. This will definitely be added to my regular rotation.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Welcome to the Tapestry/Chair-Leg club (I have two). What a bargain, both of mine are excellent smokers. Nice job on the restore. I think the stem may have straightened out a bit over time, you might want to heat and rebend that. A perfect hiking companion!

Status
Not open for further replies.