PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
So in a few weeks my buddy and fellow pipe smoker, Jeff, and I are going to hike part of the Appalachian Trail. We are going to start at Mt. Lacont and hike to Cade's Cove, about 42 miles. I will take a few pipes, but I bought this GBD Tapestry specifically for the hike. It was pretty beat, oxidized stem, the rim looked melted and there was a good deal of old cake, but as you can see, it has been reamed, cleaned, rewaxed, and buffed. I sanded down the rim to make it even again. Should be a nice little smoker, only cost me $20. I had been wanting a tapestry for awhile and couldn't be happier with this one.
image-28_zpsfd505ad9.jpg

image-28_zps5bc1e5bd.jpg

Rim still has some dings, but I'm making this classic my outdoor beater.

image-28_zps2e3e388b.jpg

rhogg

Can't Leave
Jun 14, 2011
So are you going to smoke while you hike or enjoy a pipe at the end of the day? Nice work by the way.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I will probably do both, hike and smoke, and at the end of the day. I just smoked a bowl and it smoked great, nice and light for clenching with a perfect effortless draw. I'm very pleased. This will definitely be added to my regular rotation.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Welcome to the Tapestry/Chair-Leg club (I have two). What a bargain, both of mine are excellent smokers. Nice job on the restore. I think the stem may have straightened out a bit over time, you might want to heat and rebend that. A perfect hiking companion!

Status
Not open for further replies.