Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryanf

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 16, 2013
Well, I tried Ozium, Febreeze, cleaned the hell out of my truck, wiped all surfaces, removed the ash tray, and got an air freshener installed. After a few days, neither myself, nor my non smoking wife and family could smell any smoke. I thought I was gold. However, the social worker claimed to still smell smoke and almost pulled my license. My wife pleaded and her supervisor checked my truck and said it was fine but they would need to check again and would not place any asthmatic kids with us. Totally ridiculous. What can I do? They are anti smoker in this state, and I just have to deal with it no matter how much it upsets me. I'm just going to buy another cheap vehicle to get certified so I can have my truck back.

eastwoodaudio

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 23, 2013
Sorry to hear about that... :/ Maybe you could let a skunk loose in your truck?
But all jokes aside, I definitely respect you for taking care of and housing kids that aren't your own. I used to work as an insurance agent, and one of my clients was a foster mother (is that the correct term?). She was an amazing lady, it was a passion of hers to help people, especially ones who were far less fortunate than most. Yes, she had some trying times, but I could tell that she wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
OK, here's a good one. Yesterday evening, after posting on the forum my dissatisfaction with the efficacy of smoke smell begone, I e-mailed the company and told them. This morning there was a refund on PayPal, along with an email from the boss telling me how sorry he was that I didn't care for the product, and asked me to give it to a smoker who might not be offended by the scent. Now--that's service. It's really the way a company ought to be run, and I sent him a nice note in response.

kibo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 22, 2014
SW PA
Hey, I know I'm a little late to the party here, but Wal-Mart often has 'smoke eater' candles near their tobacco items, and I've seen them at Target a couple times...they're a few bucks ($4-8, depending on location), but one of those in a friend's car took the smells of cigarettes and 'other smokeables' completely away. She set the candle in a pie pan, lit it, left the windows cracked just a little bit, and let the candle burn all the way. Maybe something to consider?

carcosa

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 21, 2013
Ozium did the trick for me. After a couple of seperate treatments and driving on the expressway to blast the cab with air you wont notice it. hotter days make the odour come out more so spray it then and it will work better.

carcosa

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 21, 2013
I mean between treatments open all the windows and drive for an hour blasting the cab with air then spray ozium and leave the fog in the car with the windows shut overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.