2) Tobaccopipes.com
3) Watch City
4) Ken Byron Ventures
5) Mars Cigar
6) Esterval’s (for overseas blends)
7) Wilke
8) Tophat Tobacco
9) Country Squire
I've ordered several times from 1-5 listed; with no problems whatsoever; no experience with the 6-9. I would also add Paylesscigarsandpipes.com, but be advised that their selection is limited. Pipesandcigars.com didn't make this particular list and I have read that people have had issues with them, but I have ordered from them several times with no problems. Disclaimer: YMMV.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
This may be a little hard to believe but back in 2012-2013 my go to was Pipes and Cigars. When I believe Jeff owned it they had some of the best inventory, prices and availability. For a while they were my number one then SP was my number 2. I ordered a good amount from PC and they shipped quickly and never had problems with packaging.. Then they were bought out by Cigars International. My gut told me this was not good as I didn't like dealing with them in the cigar world.

First thing they did was lose my entire order history. That was really shitty. Then their inventory went to shit. It was like the tobacco buyer had no clue what was popular and what the biggest movers were. Then the packaging issues began to become a big problem, Now they are shell of what they were and it is a shame as they were tops for a while.

May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
This may be a little hard to believe but back in 2012-2013 my go to was Pipes and Cigars. When I believe Jeff owned it they had some of the best inventory, prices and availability. For a while they were my number one then SP was my number 2. I ordered a good amount from PC and they shipped quickly and never had problems with packaging.. Then they were bought out by Cigars International. My gut told me this was not good as I didn't like dealing with them in the cigar world.

First thing they did was lose my entire order history. That was really shitty. Then their inventory went to shit. It was like the tobacco buyer had no clue what was popular and what the biggest movers were. Then the packaging issues began to become a big problem, Now they are shell of what they were and it is a shame as they were tops for a while.
I very much agree. P&C used to be my go to place. Over the last few years they’ve been left wanting both in inventory and customer service...shame.☕

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA

that happens so often. Someone buys a thriving business and then changes things thinking that they'll save money and still keep all the sales and such going. I've seen that happen to restaurants so much and it's always something stupid like they buy cheaper product and think people will still want it just as badly.

cohibajoe

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 2, 2018
Branchburg, NJ
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9)

New to pipe smoking. Put in a couple orders with pipesandcigars, the tobacco was good, but customer service is non existent. I bought a lighter that doesn’t work...Like at all! I contacted their customer service a total of 4 times since the 26th of last month, thru their website customer service messaging system, and they have yet to respond to me. In that time I’ve purchased two more briar pipes and two lighters, none of that business I gave to them, and I’d like to source tobacco elsewhere too, any suggestions?

I don’t take well to being ignored. It’s the online business equivalent of spitting in somebody’s face.

Thanks Everybody
Smokingpipes, Tobaccopipes, WatchCityCigar (Home blends are GREAT!!), Tophattobacco, Boswellpipes, thecountrysquireonline (Nice home blends)...pipesandcigars is Hit or Miss but I had no issues. Be careful with ljperetti (ongoing CC issues).

Reactions: ofafeather

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I won't review the retailers, but my most often used online retailers are smokingpipes, pipesandcigars, and Iwan Ries. I have also done business with tobaccopipes.com, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.