PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Touhpos

Lurker
Jun 5, 2020
Palm Springs, CA
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9)

New to pipe smoking. Put in a couple orders with pipesandcigars, the tobacco was good, but customer service is non existent. I bought a lighter that doesn’t work...Like at all! I contacted their customer service a total of 4 times since the 26th of last month, thru their website customer service messaging system, and they have yet to respond to me. In that time I’ve purchased two more briar pipes and two lighters, none of that business I gave to them, and I’d like to source tobacco elsewhere too, any suggestions?

I don’t take well to being ignored. It’s the online business equivalent of spitting in somebody’s face.

Thanks Everybody

Last edited by a moderator:

Touhpos

Lurker
Jun 5, 2020
Palm Springs, CA
I’m also looking for tobacco seeds. Lots
I use SmokingPipes, Cup o Joes. In terms of smaller vendors, I used Ken Byron Ventures and a couple more. Also used Estervals from Germany ?? once.

All good experiences.
I think all the forum sponsors here are good.

I’ll check em out, thanks

I’m also looking for some seeds. I started tent growing some Nicotiana Rustica for experimentation in increasing blends nicotine content. But I’d also like to put my back yard to work on some of the larger varieties.

radrick96

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 4, 2020
Orlando, Florida
Smoking pipes(SP) is a good larger size vendor. Tobacco pipes(TP) is a great one in Florida. A little smaller and outstanding service.

Ken Byron Ventures and Watch City Cigars are reputable vendors. Ken Byron(KBV)seems to be more popular and therefore harder to grab his blends. Watch City Cigars (WCC) is similar but blends are more readily available.

I too placed my first online order with P&C and was not happy with them. The items said in stock, but after payment confirmation was received the receipt stated they were actually back ordered.

I emailed them and had no reply, so I contacted them through my account on their website And received a reply the next day. They canceled it after I had decided to graciously wait a few weeks in case they received a shipment and were able to fill my order. Standard refund time and took the money elsewhere.

Due to receiving better service through their website, I am allowing them(P&C) a chance at redemption since they have Cornell&Diehl Carolina Red Flake W/Perique. Must’ve been sitting on it a while, late release!

tech49

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 2, 2020
Hamburg Twp, MI
I have to second Simmerdown's list, and mention that in my experience all nine listed are excellent.

And I have to add 4noggins.com to his list.

I'm wondering if anyone has dealt with thestorytellerspipe.com. Not a broad selection, but prices that are comparable to P&C and the others.

For whole leaf tobacco I have had good service from Total Leaf Supply and Whole leaf Tobacco.

Reactions: hauntedmyst

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
All the site sponsor's are excellent. As noted, 4Noggins, Tobaccopipes.com, Cupojoes and Watch City are excellent and should be sure sponsors for the number of times their names are mentioned here. Mars is great at shipping but not so much at email.

Enron and Arthur Anderson once ignored me. Look how well that turned out for them. Yeah, I did that. I know people. Next up, those backyards at Bob's Subaru in Schaumburg. Enjoy bankruptcy Bob.

Last edited:

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
SPC is usually my go-to and where I check for reliable info. I love their whole package. I have had good luck with Watch City and Iwan Ries. I recently bought from TobaccoPipes and can tell you first hand that their customer service is way above average. I had 2 reasons to contact them. The first order I placed I forgot to enter the coupon code. I called them and they applied a credit immediately. When I received the order one tin was damaged and the seal was broken. I emailed them and practically before I hit send they already had a replacement on the way. I told they unlike many other etailers they won’t sell dented tins. This damage was a fluke that probably somehow happened while packing bc the tobacco in the tin was at normal moisture level. Highly recommend.

Reactions: pantsBoots
Status
Not open for further replies.